MH27 and Klarus G30 quit after four months, Banggood's service

Thats ridiculous, klarus manufacture the product what matter where the consumer buys it?

Now I’m very afraid to buy the g30, if much people have problems, this thing is not reliable :weary:

Prices from the offshore vendors are extremely low for a reason. If one expects to get the same service as from a high-end store then one has to expect to pay more. I know it’s not a popular opinion but it’s the bargain we make when we buy from GB, BG, etc.

Also expecting a retailer to accept a return after 4-6 months from date of purchase seems very optimistic to me. Especially for something inexpensive like a $30 flashlight. Now if I was paying hundreds for a Surefire that would be a different story :cry:

The service from store is expected will be bad, but the manufacturer must have the same treatment with customer

The manufacturer should but having the store act as the middleman is expecting too much from discount sellers. I think the issue is that people now expect perfect items for not much money and when they don’t get it they expect the seller to make good on it. This is not unreasonable with high end sellers who have a fat enough profit margin to do so but no so much with discount sellers.

Generally speaking one has to chose one or the other and can’t expect budget prices with super service.

Just my opinion of course.

My G3 from GearBest with the FreeMe coupon has also been trouble free. I really like the electronic lockout.

Bob

Yup, my G30 gave up the ghost after about a year of light use. The one I bought for my uncle is going strong with everyday use after 2 years.

Seems lotery? :person_facepalming:

Mine has problem tooo, I dont even think about to keep the new replacement of darkus, I selled in the same day :confounded:

It’s a real shame, to be honest, because two posters from here helped me out when I managed to slice the MT-G2 emitter after screwing the head back on without the shelf. I’m going to try and diagnose what’s what wrong with it when I get the time to.

I’m very tempted to buy another one as I genuinely loved the G30. But yes, you’re right; it does seem like a lottery!

How you unscrew the head? Mine is glued I teared some layers of my skin trying to take off but they put a demon’s adhesive un the threads :confounded:

Have you considered the Haikelite MT01 MT-G2? Also 3x18650 and comparable beam I think. Good looking and very affordable. If you have problems, then the vendor can just send you a driver; it’s an easy fix. Of course you need to have a soldering iron.

This guy knows what the deal is.

Read his post three, or four, times.

You might as well be at the roulette table in Vegas, buying stuff directly from China.

If you have to have ‘protection’, buy from an authorized dealer in your particular country and pay the premium.

Chris

This what I made, I sell the G30 in the same day that I took in post service and and bought the mt01 with xhp50…….

The better thing I made, more lumens, more flood and throw and without problems

I simply twisted it! It didn’t take too much force to do so. It looks like they might have really screwed yours on tightly.

Ah interesting. That’s very encouraging to hear about the flood and through. I thoroughly enjoyed the G30s ability to flood with a most pleasant beam profile. I’ve never considered Haikelite before as I don’t find them aesthetically pleasing in the slightest, but I may look at the MT01 now!

The beam is better for sure, the spill is larger and the hotspot is narrow and throw further but what I found even better was the tint not too yelowish :smiley:

Budget is as Budget was.
“Buyer Beware”.

NOBODY with any sense pays $10\20\30ish for a LED torch and expects any warranty past EBAY\PAYPAL terms.
That’s the meaning of “budget”.
——————————CHEAP——————————————

I do NOT expect cover after the PAYPAL\EBAy contracts.
Be real people.

Cheap is for a reason.
I have still to understand how these dealers get them here with the cost of purchase and still make any profit.
Costs a fortune to send the other way.

I have a 200w solar panel out back. DOA.
cost me more than purchase price to return for repair\exchange.
They got us by the shorts. Accept it. Prices are REAL good per actual item

Cheap.
I normally buy several so as to get ONE that works. plus spares for later. (Not only torches).
Anybody got a spare Skyray S-R5 tailcap\sw out there?.

PS. With those “tight” joints.
I normally heat with wife’s hair dryer. Then grip offending part in jaws of a Multigrip after wrapping it in some leather strip,
(mate an upholster). Have yet to mark any.

this is odd… 2 top brand lights going bad in months… my ultrafires from 2012 still light up today… :slight_smile: the only light i had that failed was a fenix…