Mindmap of 1xAA lights

Nitecore MT1A - clicky - 140/50/20/5 lumens - also runs well with LiFePo4

Wow! Great resource! Thanks!

-Garry

I added the other lights mentioned.

Also, I have the 3 lights with the green check marks…

except for the Romisen, which I ordered over a month ago from dx

I might order the Balder HD-1

I was wondering what the green checks were for.
The HD-1 is cool looking, but is pretty finicky. It also gets hot as Hades on 14500. I have two and rarely carry them. I’ve also had them come on in my pocket and actually burn my leg, yes, so hot you could not hold it.

So Ouchypants, have you ever run the HD-1 on a LifePo4 3.0v cell? I think that's what I would EDC mine with if I get it. Wonder if it still gets blazing hot?

-Garry

Please see the OP… edited post and Mindmap.

Finally ordered a new light, well 2 new lights:) Have already received to SC-52. Great light with the best UI I have ever used!

Waiting an the Archer. Plan to run it on a 14500 Li-on.

I have enough 1xAA lights for awhile:) 6

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/102540958/freemind/Lights12.html

+1
IMO this should definitely be stickied.
I needed 2 months lurking around in blf, buying a Nitecore MT1A, getting addicted :cowboy_hat_face: , signing up and ordering a Zebralight H51w before by chance finding this mind map…

Just read this, very nice work.

Other brand to consider:

Bronte have RA04 (Nimh/Alkaline) and RA10 that can take 14500 too.
Xtar have some model.
I assume now Dqg is a brand too.
Supbeam, ie. L10, EC10, S50

I think still much more that can be added.

Great work fdr2164! Great info all in one place! Thanks!!

That’s the way i carry my Balder HD-1, with a Soshine 14500 LiFePO4. It is remarkably brighter as with eneloop but is not getting that blazing hot as with standard LiION and it takes a little longer until you feel it warm up. I like it as EDC, but mine has a T6 3C LED, which has a very much better tint - imho! It is also more than bright enough on eneloop though - i like it a lot! :slight_smile:

Thank you, great post. Very detailed.

At the low cost end the Uniquefire AA-S1 will run on AA or 14500. http://dx.com/p/uniquefire-aa-s1-3w-osram-160-lumen-led-flashlight-1-aa-1-14500-24220

I haven’t put it in the sphere so I don’t have much idea on the output on 14500.

Wow, what a great overview, thank you for the effort !

Since I’m thinking about the purchase of a single AA light right now (as a gift for a non-flashaholic person), I found it very useful.

I would definitely add the Fandyfire/Uniquefire G10.

It’s definitely my favorite AA powered light since it has the very efficient XP-G led and is very well sealed with dual o-rings in the tailcap. The single mode also can use 14500 batteries for extreme brightness but it will get hot so only for short bursts.

Beam quality is also very good well defined hotspot and smooth transition to spill and no rings.

Many thanks, fdr2164.
Btw, your comments on the Balder HD-1 are absolutely spot-on :slight_smile: especially that part about accidental pocket ignition.
One time I had this terrible burning sensation in my pelvic region and found out that the light had turned on accidentally
in my jeans pocket.
That was the last time I carried it that way…

Thank you, that has saved me hours of work and produced a better result than I could have done !

More posts like this on the forum, bringing information together into something really useful, would be great.

Thank you for sharing this. Great work. Very useful.

I don’t see the TrustFire Z8, Review: TrustFire Z8 - XM-L Flood-to-Throw. Maybe because it takes only 14500s and not AAs.
Smiling Shark makes, or has made, a variety of 1 x AA/14500 lights and maybe some that run on one or the other but not both. My SS 8027 is a moving pill design that seems to cool well anyway, partly because it has fins on the zoom ring. It takes both voltages. I consider it to be my most unusual modern flashlight. My SS-8038 is similar to the TrustFire Z8 but without the square threads and with only an XP-E. The stainless is very shiny. It looks good and zooms well. It takes both voltages. I have on order an SS-8043, with an unbranded led and total internal reflection (TIR) optics Unusual 14500 only light. They have other lights with the same and maybe some with different size TIR. I was also looking at some compact silvered reflector models. They make some lights that convert to lanterns, without unscrewing the head.
An other AA/14500 I have is “3-mode Zoom AA/1450 ”Black” $1.99 Max 3ea” 3-mode Zoom AA/1450 EXPIRED ! "Black" $1.99 Max 3ea, know on Amazon as “Foxnovo® 508 Focus Adjustable CREE Q5 3-Mode 250-lumen Mini LED Torch Flashlight with Pocket Clip (Black)”. This is designed to undersell and be easier to carry than the SK68. The introductory $2 offer has expired and it now sells for from $4 to $11. Available in black, silver and gold.
Also, don’t forget “Maratac™ AA Flashlight REV 2” http://www.countycomm.com/aaworldssmallest.html and its stainless steel and copper variants. These may not really be budget lights, but perhaps cheaper than some that have been mentioned.

I bow at your effort. much appreciated for all my mode layout queries. Now for a 18650 version… * countless days later, realizes that only a fraction of lights are listed* >)

Edit : L3 L10 is missing, if you would be so kind.