Mini Review: SupFire F3-L2 Zoomable

I saw the same problem - mentioned it in the 8/01 section in the OP... Frown

Thanks guys, I bought 2 recently and wish I had a few more for that price. Now all my previous flashlights seem like the batteries are dead, and of course I want more.

My buddy has a Streamlight TLR-1 HL that is rated at 630 lumens that blew me away camping.

How close am I with this one realistically (stock and moving the wire)?

What should I buy next that would be equal to or more than the Streamlight?

The Zues looks pretty good and I have more than enough batteries after learning that I could raid laptop battery packs. Too many actually as I have another 4 battery packs waiting for me to harvest. Already have 12 Panasonic cells and 4 others in a clearish red wrap. Everything so far has been a protected cell.

I am not even sure why I am so interested in this, its kinda blowing me away. I suppose this is normal? :money_mouth_face:

oh boy - 630 is rather pathetic Smile. One of my ZeusRay's is like 1,400 lumens. 800-1000 for stock lights is getting more common, but that's with the more pricey brands. I got 18650 EDC lights doing 800-1200 lumens though - pretty common. Actually my modded MXDL 16340 light (~$5) does bout 900 lumens in a neutral tint Smile.

To use as is, I like the Sipik SK-73.
To modify, I like the CNQ Zoomy Host, http://www.cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=1957 with Ahorton lens http://www.illumn.com/ahorton-27-2mm-aspheric-glass-lens.html , XM-L2, and Qlite driver. It takes some work to make the bezel ring fit the lens, but without it, it has no more useful aperture than the SK-73 does. Best built zoomy I have, either way.

I’m almost tempted to modify one of my 3 F3’s to a 22mm FET. I’d probably solder the LED to a noctigon, change out the switch, but keep the wires smaller for a little resistance. Should be a LED blower/hand warmer.

Happy Easter.

The Sipik is rated at 450 lumens per the website. Is that underrated, or is the Streamlight overrated? Or is it not actually brighter than the Streamlight?

Also, by moving the wire on the F3, what can I expect the lumens to be barring any mode related issues?

Moving the wire should get performance similar to the Sipik SK-73, which has direct drive in stock form.

Modified this light last night with a 22mm DD + 1 7135 driver using the BLF-A6 firmware configured for the two steps on the OTC and 2 mode groups - nice! Measured an insane 6.5A at the tail on a fully charged LG HE2:

in full flood: 1,367 lumens @start, 1,200 lumens @30 secs

These #'s are somewhat low for 6.5A, but it is a 4D tint, and aspheric optics are usually higher loss's than reflectors/lens. It's still pretty awesome though, heats up pretty quick of course.

I didn't add any extra heat sinking, but did screw down the 16mm Noctigon to the pill top with brass screws.

No the tail cap threads are triangular and have only moderately good fit on my example. I don’t recall where I got mine, I think it was a Deal Alert.