Minimum Advertised Price // Nitecore - what do you guys think?

Are you suggesting that Charmin and Cottenelle are conspiring to fix the price of shat-paper?

I was never condoning monopolies and price fixing in the scope you’re implying.

Think I’ll bow out of this thread as my point seemed to be missed :Sp

it would never happen on a product so sacred 0:)

NiteCore/Sysmax was already on my shit list, they have now moved way up it. Trying to steal JETBeam’s brand and absolute 100% blatant copying of their products it’s obvious that they are classless liars and cheats. I will never buy a NiteCore/Sysmax product.

“Your arguing for the opposite of a competitive marketplace. If you want to be gouged then you are in the minority. No rational person would voluntarily run themselves out of business, a sale to bring in customers is not a lifetime commitment, and somehow i get flyers from the same businesses every week, none of them have run themselves out of business even through they all have these sales.
I know of more then a few people who actually argue for price fixing and monopolies, because its good for business, and anything good for business must be good for the economy. What happens when all the wealth is concentrated among a few individuals and most of society has no money?”
[/quote]

Great rationale. I totally agree with you. Particularly the idea of wealth being concentrated amongst the few and the rest of the populace having no money.

I believe there is always a MSRP practice and policy. Dealers would market their products according to how much profit margin they want to make.

It is up to us to decide on whether we should proceed with the procurement or not. As in most MNC practices. A 3 quote is required before deciding.

As for really good pricing on some products. I believe we should share the news but not the actual pricing. There are so many good dealers around here and sometimes, we do not make purchase base on pricing alone. I would prefer to buy from people I like and trust and would continue to support if customer service is great.

Relationships are quite important to maintain and I personally would not simply change a dealer just because of a few dollars.

just my humble opinion.

I have the same sentiments exactly…

This MAP thing is foolish,the vendor (Nitecore)tells their retailers it's a policy to prevent dealer to dealer throat cutting with prices.This is usually a contractual obligation and as much as I hate this practice,I respect Craig's position in his situation.

Wasn't it the other way around? I thought that Sysmax owned JETBeam but they never registered the trademark, and then Niteye stole the brand out from under them by registering the name. Am I misinformed?

deleted due to error-nous content…

Ugh.. my head hurts. I guess I'll just stick to Fenix for now.

Thanks for the addition info Calvin.

I can see both sides of the “MAP” argument - and I really don’t want to perpetuate anymore controversy here, so I am going to just move on and forget about the whole thing.

About the trademark dispute between SYSMAX and NITEYE:

SYSMAX was the think tank of both JETBeam and NITECORE products. JETBeam was/is produced in the same manufactory where NITEYE today manufactures its flashlights. Since February (2012) SYSMAX owns its own manufactory where only NITECORE products get manufactured. The brand JETBeam was founded by the two guys who own SYSMAX/NITEYE. They apparently didn’t get along well, hence the dispute about the JETBeam brand. Despite SYSMAX owns the trademark JETBeam for Europe and several other patents they have stopped their distribution and concentrate on NITECORE.

Source: German NITECORE distributor, Messerforum

Based on this information, I have to back SYSMAX/NITECORE.

Don’t hesitate to correct any wrong information you can find.

And then there is this: Messerforum pt2 (it’s written in english)
Basically telling the opposite story.

edited.

interesting da note:

Here’s the quote:

This is about as clear a statement as I’ve read. I still think it’s to our benefit as consumers to not undermine that process by posting the final prices on this forum.

Thanks Kreis and Indy, that bit from amazon is helpful.

Still a bit lost on the whole JetBeam v Nitecore v Sysmax v Niteye crap… but whatever….

Suddenly, TM26 is much less appealing than it was :/

omg what did i do