Mixing Alkaline batteries.

I should have prefaced my statement to say:

“Generally speaking, Alkalines only leak after they are depleted and left inside device.”

Of course we have all had new alkalines leak but I think we are all in agreement, this is not the norm.

True dat. They come pre-leaking right from the factory.

Doesn’t matter if Duraleaks or Eneleakers, they both suck worse than even off-brand no-name crapcells I’ve seen.

Only Rayovacs and old (green/black) Rat Shack cells have rarely if ever leaked. Newer (white/orange) Rat Shack cells are okay but have had a few leakers, middle-of-the-road at best.

I’ve had Duraleaks, before their ostensible expiration date, encased in a salt-block in the unopened packages.

Then again, I unearthed ancient Rayovacs (40pak) from well over a decade that still held 1.5V+ and nary a leak.

I have Energizer industrial D cell that expired in 2018 that still have 1.5v and did not leak. Industrial a better battery?

I had 3 boxes.

It’s been almost ten years ago but I was told by a lady at Energizer that the industrial line was no different than their standard cells, just a name for different outlets. You’ll see those from office supply distributors and some tool & supply warehouse operations…surely on Amazon these days as well. I don’t know if it still holds true since they have added/changed a few times over the years. I would imagine that the C/D cells haven’t really changed much at all…but only a hunch.