MMU-X3 2x Triple Carclo optics direct drive 5 mode

Moonlight will look very pretty……… which is good ya know when you just want to stare into those eyes ! 6 moonlit beasties. Nice.

So you are using one dd driver for all 6. Would the same driver work on just 3?

How low is low on your setup, roughly.

Thanks for the info.

Yes 1 driver, and it would work on 3, or just 1 led, low is about 2-300 lumens? So with just 1 triple I’d guess about 150 Lumens maybe

Thanks, thats cool, 150 lumens is a great walkaround level and good runtime with 26650… Not sure im clever enough to understand how it can be used on multiple different set ups, do the leds just pull what they want then ?

Yes, it’s direct drive, so whatever battery you use will pull what it needs, so you will get more output with an IMR high drain battery if you want less output you could use a normal 18650, or 26650 in this case.
I wouldn’t set up just 1 20mm triple in this light though, it would seem like a bit of a waste of space in the head you could maybe put a triple and a couple of single led with TIR lens’ as well?
It’s all about experimenting though!

Cool beans, well my mmu x3 is staying stock at the minute, I like the temp controlled brightness and run times. I have a cheap dual emitter/ reflector light coming though that I thought about a twin tripple, then found your light ! Its sorta given me more incentive to go for it :wink:
Might be a silly question but why did you dump the 3 xml2 setup? Just for fun im guessing, thats what its all about eh !

I had 2! So I thought I may as well experiment with it, It is one of my favourite shaped lights and I like the 26650 as well!

Well thats just being greedy now aint it?
:stuck_out_tongue:
Good work man , love it. Maybe finish with some trit……