Mobile power made by geeks

Of course, you can definitely replace new batteries by yourself. By now, we don’t intend to make DreamCharger into a “Locked” version.
However, you need to get some skills from us. And the shell is another issue. We designed it to be very strong. It’s impossible to disassemble it without damaging it.

So do you sell replacement shells, as well?
So we’d salvage the electronics, replace the batteries, and replace the shell?

Just buy any other powerbank, none gets destroyed by changing batteries, in this case it is just rediculously stupid design i’d say.

The screen seems quite nice. I don’t know if there is such a big market for an expensive low capacity battery bank like this. There may be a market, but it will probably be a tough sell here at BLF. Good luck with it though, I hope you get funded!

koyotee;

Actually the great majority of power banks shipped with batteries installed I have looked at such as those by Anker and Kmashi, offered on Amazon, are sealed units with no way to open them that will not damage the housing. If you want one with battery replacement capability do a search on Amazon in Electronics for “DIY USB power bank”. Also works on FastTech.

I’m sticking to Enb, pretty cheap, well made, easy to replace batteties.

And Xiaomi for sealed ones…

Just got an iPower Coolook from ebay. Very well reviewed by HKJ, only $12.99 delivered and takes 4 18650s. Used laptop pulls from our very own 18650 BLF member, which were $1.50/ each with shipping. For ~ $19, I’ve got about 8800 mah of portable power and when the cells wear out, $6 will make it new again. (Just ordered a bunch more cells from 18650.)

Yeah, this is “made by geeks for Barbies” stuff.

I’m sure there’s a large market for it, and profits to be made.
This sounds like it’s ideal for people who don’t understand, don’t want to understand, and don’t care about how things work, or about conserving resources.
Hey, throw it away, the oceans aren’t full — yet.