Mod suggestions for UF-T20 (zoomie)

IOS - http://intl-outdoor.com/qlite-reva-71358-multiple-modes-circuit-board-304a-p-710.html

Thanks, I’ve ordered it!

It seems very good driver, I only miss 50% option with this driver but that is not a deal breaker :slight_smile:

I went a different route on some of my zoomies

I took some of this http://glow-on.com/ on the area around the emitter, now when I run my light for any length of time…I get a green glow when I shut it down (I call it my glow ring bling)
First layer dries kind of bumpy, second layer dries nice and smooth, glows crazy intense, nice thing, they have different colors you can put in it

I also recommend replacing the driver for something with no daggum blinkies, me personally, I HATE blinkies!

I just got my light and one thing I noticed immediately is that it’s not very wide on full flood. Are there replacements pills or other mods out there that will bring the LED closer to the lens?
For this light I do not care the least about throwing, it will not matter that I loose beam concentration when focused for max throw.

You could just grab a 16mm copper shim to space it up along with some AS5 in between the layers. I screwed my emitter to the pill which you could do as well which will hold the emitter, shim and pill together.

@priest77

This also works well.

or with blinky modes, but always starts on high

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1612/10001752/1127405-3-7v-5v-5-mode-led-flashlight-direct-drive-driver

Well… this particular flashlight host is widely used for truly pocketable thrower (relatively large aspheric with short focal length). You can add copper/aluminum disc under the star to bring emitter star closer to the lens, but in my opinion doing that potential of this host as a great pocket thrower is wasted. This will better fit your needs. I own one and the flood is extremely wide because lens is very close to emitter and the lens bezel is very shallow.

The Ultrafire SH98 (from FT) is also very wide, much wider than this host. The zoom is about half as good but the flood is great and it is cheap. It can't handle the heat as well but it is still decent for the money.

Thanks for the input. I bought this light mainly for a zoomie that can handle heat pretty good. That’s actually more important than the actual beam profile. Now that I have it I want to make it as useful as possible for my applications, and that means making the beam wider. Generally speaking, I have little need for any throw at all (I have a Convoy C8 as thrower and am happy with it). Heat handling for long run times is the most important.

I have sk98 clone and the flashlight I linked in post above. Flood on flashlight in post above is about 50% wider.
Edit: When I edited post I’ve forgotten put the link

who have that flashlight ?

I have been eyeing this light up for a long time,but usually they sell for $250 for the kit and there’s a shortage of reliable suppliers.I think the stock output is probably lousy but modding it is almost a must.I have seen 1 video review on it but it was for an IR illuminator,so rather useless to me.I WANT!!!

MY SEAL just arrived, full review to follow…

Seriously looking forward to that!

Can’t believe that this light was released in 2012 and it doesn’t attract eye balls at all until now.

Did you order from Banggoods?

I have had my eye on it since it came out. However, the only distributor is in Australia and the price tag is $250. So when I saw it on bang good for $150 I jumped on it.