Mod: Zoomie with MT-G2

Those zoomies came with an adapter tube, so fitting was fine.

Thanks, appreciated. Will get one to play with then… :wink:

Holy @#$%!! I’d be sweating if I had to wade/walk next to that!

Awesome pictures. Mines are dangerous places, stay safe!

Thanks :slight_smile: I try to be as safe as possible, gotta be on your toes in these places.

sorry guys. I’m here for the pictures :slight_smile:

I upload some every now and then to this thread: Exploration photos with my flashlights
I just added two for ya :slight_smile:

Hi Mike

I bought one of these lights some time ago from Fasttech… I really liked it, but I could not get the switch disassembled for modding. I had to eventually break it apart and kind of messed up the light. I’m not sure if these lights come with different switch assemblies? Can you maybe take a photo or 2 of your switch assembly and if possible show it dissembled? I’ve already discarded my light, it was kind of useless after messing up the switch assembly, but, I’d like to give the light another go if I can sort out the switch issue. I think it has potential…

Thanks!

Will do. I’m at work right now (10am) so I’ll do this tonight. There could be differences with the switch assemblies between the FastTech and Banggood versions also, as there are quite a few differences. I’ll take a few photos of ’em both.

Thanks Mike…

i have a couple of those zoomies as well, might have bought them from banggood, not sure. one has a hollow pill.
great mod anyway, and it looks like a great driver!
looked at several of your albums at flickr, quite fascinating with the old and abandoned places there!

Tackar!

I haven’t worked on these kind of lights much lately, my ATtiny84 projects have taken all “light” time, but I have a new design laying around waiting for it’s turn.

Darn, forgot all about this. Was caught up in firmware stuff. Hopefully I’ll remember tonight…

No worries, Thanks :wink:

A few photos of the tailcap. The one on the left in all photos is the Banggood host, the one to the right is the Fasttech host. The light I built in the OP was the Banggood type but it’s no longer in my possession so I can’t check if it was exactly the same. I’d guess so though, I bought that host the same time as the one in these photos.

Thanks Mike. Mmm, mine had a different assembly, It did not have a screw in retaining ring, it was almost press fitted. I eventually broke out the press fit part and just gave up, it was messed up badly… maybe i should order from Banggood and try again :slight_smile:

Did you make the 2 little ‘grip holes’ in the fasttech tailcap?

Nope. The tailcaps in the photos are both completely stock.

I’ve found the switch that was in my version of this zoomie bought from Fasttech… It was just like that press fitted, no thread in the tailcap. Had to eventually break it out.

!http://manager.kaidomain.com/UploadFiles/635663245785599073.jpg !:http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S024076

No threads in the tailcap? That sucks. Seems like the designs of these things change all the time. When did you get it?

I think I still have the tailcap… will take a picture.