Modded bigshots...S2200 vs M8 vs Terminator vs M6 Beamshots

Some of em don’t like each other…

Which of your lights does not get along too well?

The S2200 is a beautiful light all around.

The Solarforce M8 should have XM-L emmiter in it in stock form, so you have modded it as well as pushing it harder?

The Supfire M6 is just mind blowing! :open_mouth:

The HD2010 really resents the Maxtoch and the Crelant. The K3 is pissed at the M8 and the Convoy C8 is jealous of the XinTD V4 who in turn is really green over the Convoy C8 that got the 1/2 pound of copper for a heat sink. The L2P is super cross with the L2m for taking the copper triple XP-G2 away from it but seems pretty content with the mildly driven Nichia 219 and the Convoy S6 won’t even look towards the RMM/Comfy chopped and bumped S6!
If I get the older grey HD2010 anywhere near the new black one, well, fur will fly! It isn’t pretty, let me tell you!
I make the chopped AA MiniMag Triple XP-G2 get along with the chopped AA MiniMag MT-G2 mule but I don’t think either one cares much for it. And the Gold L2P with Hyperion firmware and Nichia 219 triple is a snob, doesn’t talk to ANY of the other lights! Dang Australians…
The L2P M3 on the other hand doesn’t have a problem with any of the others, it knows it’s got some privilege and acts much like a Labrador, friendly to all.
The TexasPoker has high rank over em all and knows it, is reservedly friendly in an Authoritative way. :wink:
The mini c8 with it’s 460 lumens is a punk, just happy all the time and doesn’t care who it’s paired up with, so that one’s definitely not a problem, but the Xeno EO3 is green with envy…literally (de-domed XP-G2). The Romisen RC29 is ok with the bigger lights now that I’ve made it a reflector light but was pretty shy as an aspheric zoomie, glad to get that corrected.
The big stubby 1D Mag with it’s triple XM-L’s and 2700 lumens is the old school grump, with one mode and a disposition like any old rhematic grandpa it can be kind of picky sometimes. It’s grandson, the 2D SSC P7 with battery monitor never ventures far from the family ties. Gonna have to have a talk with that one, see if I can get it to come out of it’s shell. (supposed to be a 3 level but has never worked on any but Med)
The 2 little pen lights, CNCQ S2 and Tank OO7 EO6 are both VERY jealous of the pretty blue 47’s Preon pen light, can’t even begin to match it’s elegance and output.
All 3 HF’s are always eager to drain a 10250, and also burn a finger if you’re not careful!
And there sits the Convoy L4, ready to go, steady as a rock, looking good and standing by for the occasion. I think the chopped AAA Mini Mag, the BBC 261L is a bit of a snob as well, with it’s pewter grey finish and gleaming copper accents, making far more power than it’s small size would indicate it enjoys it’s priority location and protection. As it well should! :slight_smile:

If I can get em all to play along, perhaps I’ll get a family portrait one of these days… maybe if I can get a cabinet built to house em all on display they’ll be more comfortable with each other, whatdya think? :wink:

There’s not much left stock about it, at all. Yes, it’s got an MT-G2, it’s Noctigon mounted via reflow to the 8 ounce finned copper pill/heat sink. The switch is sporting a Tofty 10A+ unit and the driver is an FET 105c, it pulls 10.8A and makes 4250 lumens at start, 3556 at 30 seconds. The finish is baked and came out a neat military green. Yeah, one of my favorites for sure!

veeery nice story dale! :smiley:

Very cool, great beamshots, thanks!

Hahaha, that was a great read. :beer:

Excellent collection of comparative beam shots. Really like how you have the wide shot and magnified shots. Quite informative.

Your modded M6 results are consistent with RaceR86's earlier work with dedomed multiemitters.

Lest anyone confuse me with the guys that actually know what they’re doing, I don’t. I’m a chameleon, I do what they show me. Without guys like RMM, Comfychair, MattAus, RufusBDuck, well, I’d still be dropping hotter cells down a tube and calling that a modification. Old Lumens really got me started, and with all his video’s and such, I’ve been off and running. :slight_smile:

Anyone ever actually put a light like this on a tripod? Why do they put a 1/4 x 20 tripod mount on a handheld flashlight? For me, it just makes it confusing finding the switch in the dark. Two possibilities, one doesn’t work. :stuck_out_tongue:

So, I made an anti-roll feature and a grip enhancement at the same time. I took a SS 1/4 x20 machine screw with the head portion tapered under the phillips and mounted it in my cordless drill, with it turning and my Proxxon rotating the opposite direction I turned the tapered section into a straight shank leaving the head a flat pancake type, ready to inset into an aluminum collar. I then used the Proxxon to bore a hole in a 1/2” dia 6061 aluminum rod and inset the end for the screw to fit into. I was careful to make it a press fit and it worked out beautifully. The end result shows a stud that has 2 different colored metals that seem to be fused, a press fit when installed. :slight_smile: Hooking a finger around this keeps the stubby light from slipping, shows me exactly where the switch is, and keeps it from rolling if I lay it down. Works for me! :slight_smile:

Nice work DBC, as usual.

I think you need a cabinet or something for your lights... Just make sure to put the lights that does not like each other on different shelves, otherwise you might be in for some trouble..

btw.. Having 12000++ lumens in your hands is pretty awesome. (Especially when its NW and decent CRI) Ok, I admit it, I held 3 lights at the same time, but thats perfectly normal, I think... Either way, outdoor those kinds of numbers can be, ehm, maybe a little bit more than really needed (nah not really). But inside a large long deep dark cave (aka WWII facility that is not lit, and closed down,) you really benefit from all the light you can get. :)

All in all, 3 hour trip in the dark tonight.. Need to charge a bunch of batteries again now. :D

1000 lumen just isn't what it used to be in certain circumstances.

Good times for a flasholic modder...

Looking forward to see more from your future bigshots.

Awesome shots Dale! You should have included your Maxtoch to show the full range of your lights. The M6 is an incredibly powerful flooder and the Maxtock puts out such a fierce beam that it might darken that nice red barrel. You have every base covered. :slight_smile:

Thanks, I thought it was prudent to go with the top 4 power wise. The MaxToch is way behind in terms of lumens. Deceptive, isnt’ it? lol

I usually shoot at ISO1600 f/5.8 .5 sec shutter with the G1X, but I knew these were bright so I moved the shutter to .3 sec, probably should have gone higher. It was so blamed windy last night I had to hold my lens cap and hope for the best, afraid the tripod would blow over!

From the looks of the blown center of those, I could probably have gone with 1/15th and been all right. Might have to give it another go in a different location and include a few other lights.

When are we gonna do a get-together again? I’ll have to come y’alls way this next time…

Getting to be good weather for a south Texas meet. There seems to be a lot of flashaholics around these parts. It would be fun.

WarHawk is down your way, and Joe is in Austin, should be pretty easy to get a pretty good gathering together for ice cream at Brenham. :slight_smile:

Sounds good. Just say the word. You know you can count on me and my bro. Also Gottazoom and kronological are in the area. Old lumens might come. He isnt too far.

We might just have to throw a little Texas Beer, Guns, and Lights festival!!

RaceR86 wrote:

. . . Ok, I admit it, I held 3 lights at the same time, but thats perfectly normal, I think...

That would depend on what you held the 3rd light with.

Love that anti-roll mod DBCstm.