Modder's Delight Giveaway! :) Open til 5/10/15 *Winners! *

i am in ,lot of flashlight hosts will be needed now :slight_smile: , thanks for the giveaway.

Justin, you’re in, with a footnote as to what you need vs what you don’t need.

If, by chance, you win one of the 3 drawings I will send you what you need. :wink:

I’m in

LEDs to me were always those 5mm types

I always believed that 5mm was the latest tech

until I visited some chinese market selling blinky flashlights that blinds me

then I discovered CPF. but they didn’t treat me well

so BLF accepted me as home and my wallet suddenly died

I’m in

I found this sight on accident while looking up hunting lights. I realized my lights weren’t all that great and dove in head first to learn more. The bug bit me and here I am. This place has been great and I owe a lot of thanks to the members.

Got into flashlights from nightly “dog walking,” although I suspect it’s more beneficial to me than him. Started out on that other forum, quickly discovered that they have lots more play money than me. Found BLF and haven’t looked back!

Started with a Ultrafire something “lovely blueish light & nice blinkies” ;). Found another forum, but i wasn’t really me. Took a break for a while, until i saw this thread :

Ordered one and it was great, since then i have been lurking in here.
Always lots and lots to learn in here.

THANKS

I’m in!

Interesting goodies. I’m definitely in this one! Thx triple D’s dad.

(& while I’ve been pretty much inactive here on BLF so far it’s been a super comfy forum so thx a bunch SB!)

I’m definitely in. And you are correct…sb is pretty awesome to provide this site for us flashlight wingnuts.

Great idea! Not in but kuddos to all appropriate persons. Ten of each seems a large number, how about 3 of each to 10 different winners with some sets being prebuilt/preflashed and some DIY?

i am in :heart_eyes: , thanks for the giveaway.

I’m in. Thanks DBC.
If it wasn’t for BLF I doubt I wouldn’t have started moding real flashlights. Haven’t seen any other forum like BLF.

I’m in.
A patient in the ER tried to kill me. Almost did. Quit or stay, work hard or work smart… I chose to stay and work smart. I bought an overpriced “Cop Light” that burned 123 cells like candy. So I started reading and learning at the other place, when a moderator was really very rude to me and chastised me for posting a link to refer another member to some good batteries. I apologized for my error but pointed out that it would be nice to instead have received a PM to alert me of my transgression, then I sent a PM to the moderator saying and I would appreciate not being chastised publicly or bullied in such a manner as it just was not very nice. So they banned me.
Readers here that read the public half of what transpired sent me PM’s and invited me to BLF to see how friendly civilized people behave. Wow! What a difference! Now I mod my own lights and mod lights for friends. When a patient comes to kill me now he has to contend with being dazzled trying to find me through an insane volume of light. When he blinks and shields his eyes he is placed in a submission hold and directed to his gurney to reflect on more constructive ways to express himself. See no need to be rude. Be here and be happy.

I don’t know why I came here,
But Dale was lighting the way,
I think it was with his M8,
But I couldn’t see to say,

So I kept my eyes covered,
And kept heading towards the light,
Tripped over a red barrel,
I think I gave him a fright,

There were sinkpads scattered all over,
18 gauge wire everywhere,
I turned and ran the way I’d came,
I had entered this mans lair,

But I wasn’t getting away that easy,
He caught me, brought me to his cellar,
He showed me all the work he did,
Then I thought he was pretty stellar.

I’m in

Hey I’m in! :wink:

…Once upon a time, down under in the misty mountains of Kosciusko, there was an avid hiker. This particular hiker found no greater joy than traversing the peaks of razor back ridge with nothing but his phone and the moonlight to guide him. However, on one faithful night with his phone long dead, the moon was no where to be seen. This is the night that he realised that a phone was no longer adequate to brave the darkest hours of the night. He needed something with far greater power than the moon nor the sun could ever provide in the deepest depths of the snow covered mountains.

He searched, but to no avail. The plastic head torches that retailed for no less than $70 was never the answer to any of this young hikers adventures. No, only a select group of extraordinary individuals could provide the answer. A group of individuals that reveled in the glorious moments of turning ones own ingenuity (and pay check) into the most blinding source of light that was ever beheld. Individuals that could turn a pile of ordinary components into something extraordinary. The young hikers search was finally over, he had found where these extraordinary group of individuals resided, he had found BLF.

Rest assured that this brave hiker is now in the dark no longer, for behold, his heart, soul and wallet have finally been opened :slight_smile:

Truth.

Please count me in! Thank you Dale for the give away, and for all the time and effort you and so many other great, creative minds put into these forums. Thank you also SB for the opportunities you have provided. I appreciate everyone here at BLF for the willingness to share your ideas and also your knowledge.

New at this game have a few lights and chargers, lap top batteries,ready to go forward.

Thanks for giveway!

Hi,

I haven’t been on here much lately, but I’m in for whatever I can get :)… Actually, I ordered one of the TI hosts that Rey is putting together, so I’ll need one or two drivers. I’ll probably build another quad from that to go along with the copper sinner one I have (and if you remember, Dale, you helped when I put the one together).

Thanks!

Jim

I found a home here after being in the CPF for almost 10 years. Their fixation on Surfire and HDS etc was not my style and not in my pocket range at all. Here I discovered value oriented flashaholics, some of whom could afford a LOT MORE but still choose to buy and modify budget :smiley: It is nice to have company in my interpretation of value.
What brought me here was a search about a light from shadow I believe. ‘THE’ was the thread starter. I don’t see him much around anymore :confused:

Thanks for this offer.

I started looking here to find out how to fix a hs-802 I had bought. I stayed because of all the awesome people, and very little of the bullying I see on other forums.