modding a hd2010

il do some side by side beamshots of my t6 versus my u3 if i can get my camera working although those won’t be for a while because the hongkong post kd use is terrible and takes ages so will be in a couple of weeks, have all the bits bar the torch now :frowning:
Also while i have a thread going, just noticed the tail cap and tube threads on my c8 are looking a little bit sad, anyone know where i could get a tube? i can get a cap from kd. will run a tap down it but the threads are soft so they still won’t last very long.

Well, that failed miserably, my soldering iron struggled to get hot enough for it and it was way to fiddly. anyone know of a premade 3.5A drivers or if some one in England is good at these things, please consider making me one? will pay for all components postage and a bit extra for the time.
will have a go with a heat gun later and i can get access to a better iron but im not to good at these things so i don’t know if i will be able to do it or not.

Go to maplin, get the 40w soldering kit (iron, stand, solder sucker and some solder) its fine for what you need, I think it was about £20.

sounds like a plan. mines only 25w

So here’s a little comparison between hd2010 (AMC7135*10 3,5A + U3 1C led) and stock Trustfire A8 from keygos.com
Distance about 80m to that tree.

http://oi46.tinypic.com/316x6at.jpg

Nice pics!
Thats a good comparison for me as I have been thinking very hard about getting the A8 BLF Edition.

Thanks for the pics kahvitahra

success! piggy backed another 7135 onto my current 8x7135 KD driver, now at 3.4amps as this driver has the 38k bins. the driver i got the parts off was the same, i just used a heat gun to remove them. used some thermal paste between the two 7135’s. the 3.4A driver is on a t6 so i didn’t want to send it further for thermal reasons and also just burning out the LED . will send the u3 in the hd2010 to 3740ma though with 2 piggy backed 7135’s. should be fine in that torch.

billt79, I have that exact same U3 2S LED on copper. I ordered 2 while they were still available, and of course, one ended up in my HD2010, along with a Nanjg105C with one added 7135. So our lights will be quite similar!

thats interesting to know, hows the tint on the 2s? should be a decent little torch. KD finally marked it as dispatched so it can’t be to long till it arrives :smiley:

took a few readings at college today, with 9x7135 i got 3.36 amps and a forward voltage of about 3.2, so about 60ma under which isn’t bad. does get warm though. this is on my ultrafire c8 which i don’t mind breaking as much as a new hd2010