modding or replacing pill, Hanko clone

Click

I want to change the UI. for me it is insufferable…

I managed to get it apart and now I have a brass pill that measures .983 OD. The board with the 4 LED’s seems to measure .910”
On the board, around each LED appears to be 4 litle aux LED’s? There is a pair of wires, red black and a smaller pair of red black wires coming through the center of the board… Not even sure how to make that work.

I am wanting to replace the board or the pill… Are these common items and sizes?

Maybe you can upload some pictures, that might help

Click

Ok ignore the black bike tool…
There is the board shot, and the back of the pill…

whats wrong with the UI?

To put it simply, it’s convoluted

Hard to explain…

Try reading the instructions on aliexpress.

Its more confusing than that, when you try it.

Half click? Sure, but there is a little delay that makes you think you missed it.

So you do another…next thing it’s popping through levels.

No idea how to use aux leds

6 half presses once on I believe

According to this thread, these Hanko copies use common Carclo quad optics, so an MCPCB and auxiliary board designed for those optics should work. Noctigon MCPCBs are high quality and available from many sellers. BLF user Lexel sells auxiliary boards for the Emisar D4 that may fit, although they haven logged in for a while.

However, if it’s the only UI that’s bothering you there’s no need to replace the MCPCB, just the driver. It looks like the driver is the same diameter as the MCPCB, and .910” is ~23mm. That doesn’t seem to be a common driver size, but depending on the size of the lip the driver sits on you may be able to fit a 22mm driver with a spacer or (more likely) sand down a 24mm driver. You can also get brass adapter rings to fit common smaller sizes into larger pills - 17mm is a very common size for drivers but I’m not sure whether there’s a combination of rings that will get you from 17mm to 23mm. You could potentially fabricate your own adapter from something like a copper or brass washer and solder the driver to it.

Lexel sells a range of drivers based on the Texas Avenger design that run a derivative of ToyKeeper’s Bistro firmware.

Convoy and Kaidomain both have a good range of drivers, usually with simpler firmware.

If you replace the driver you will probably have to give up the auxiliary LEDs. I’m not aware of many mechanical switch drivers with aux LED support. You may be able to connect them to one channel of a multi-channel driver (which seems to be how they work in the original driver) or connect them directly to the power source so they’re alway on.

thanks, this is a huge step in the right direction !