Money UV marks detection capabilities of some UV lights

I just ordered SKU 6607 now myself so I'll try to get back with a small review when it arrives :)

I'll wait for your input before I buy.

(or I'll just grab one anyway. but I'm on a break from buying anything flashlight related! yeah, right, who am I kidding... :))

Wow, that was awesome. Thank you! I'm glad I've held off on buying a UV light. Those 'Tanks' are expensive, though! Considering UV is (ttbomk) the native output of LED's, it's hard to believe that making a good one would seem so tough, or quality items so scarce.

If someone can find a true "budget" UV light with similar performance, I'm in! Until then... $30+... if one doesn't have immediate use for it (although many do), might be better spent on other toys. Which does not detract from the awesomeness of this review.

I should recieve the UV dropin form manafont one of these days. There will be a review.

I have the emitter from KD and some 365nm 5mm leds , this last very weak but I was able to discover with it some red stuff otherwise invisible in the 50 $ bill of my currency , the others bills have usual blueish stuff..

I ordered the 365nm 17 $ from KD , shipped today...

arenat, I would love to hear how the KD light performs... if it really is a 365nm (and it may well be according to the lumen rating) then it's probably the holy grail of cheap UV lights.

I guess it's at least powerful like the Tank you got, maybe better if pushed a little

I'm thinking swap the host puting the emitter in a cheap or not 1AA's body with a boost circuit and using the P60 setup and body with one of the XP-G R5 I have from the XM-L's mod rush plenty of both, emitters and drivers easily modable to any current in that low range.

Do you see all of the UV features of the 50 euro bill with the TK-566? The parts that are bright yellow or bright green (on the picture from the bank) seem very faint in your picture?

They are quite faint, but visible.

Take a look here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/1910, where I used yellow safety glasses as UV filter - the marks are much more visible that way.

big guy in big mind,can not touch how rich the knowledge he has in Flashlights~

Hmm, this is how it really should look like: http://www.bundesbank.de/bargeld/bargeld_falschgeld_50euro.en.php#nogo which is quite close to your picture without the glasses (the picture you linked above from bundesbank seems to be quite misleading).

Wait a second, are you trying to convince me to buy an IR drop-in? 'cause you're doing it right... ;)

I guess the output depend on the light. Maybe a 10W 365nm with UV filter on the camera will produce the image I linked to, and lower powered lights without the filter produce the one you linked to.

And, umm...

Thanks? not sure what you meant there.

The picture I linked is exactly how it would look with a (real) Nichia power-LED so I'm not sure it would look some other way with 10W but who knows...

I thought about the IR too but you probably need an IR camera (or infrared display unit as they call it) to see it?

Anyway I ordered the Tank too, even though it will be my most expensive flashlight ever and I don't even care that much for EURO currency...

Got my sku 6607 from manafont a couple of weeks ago.
Now I don't have any euro bills but I tried it on our swedish bills with very similar results as the Taiwan 3W 380nm in the first post.
It's also not much help when locating organic fluids, bugs and similar stuff.
I also found out that the led was only held in place by the wires, not good for heat dissipation I guess.
Here is the best macro I could get with my old camera

So it seems I won't buy it.

For now, at least... :)

I wouldn't worry too much about heat dissipation, these LEDs usually operate in the range of a couple hundred milliamps.

Yeah I think mine was only around 400mA if I remember correctly :)

Just a little update with a better macro shot and with the led running in moon mode :)

Very nice photo :)

Cool pic fonzeka.