monster flashlight brand

I’ve also decided on c8 cw for the extra brightness and just 2 modes low and high. The site you posted is sold out and the one the other person says there is a security problem. What’s the best site to order from.

Does ultrafire make knockoffs of all of these I seem to be finding alot of them

My all time favorite headlamp for close up work: http://illuminationsupply.com/zebralight-c-28_56/zebralight-h602w-neutral-white-1020-lm-flashlight-18650-p-670.html#.U2M40floyG8

It's extremely floody, and has practically no hotspot.

The armytek wizard pro is also great, but the UI is worse.

You will find a lot of lights with ultrafire in the name. Ultrafire is just a label that can be slapped on almost anything. Usually factory seconds and things like that. That’s not to say that any flashlight ultrafire is junk some of them are pretty decent for the price. (Stay far, far, far away from ultrafire batteries though!)

Ultrafire C8 can go either way (good/bad); personally I would avoid them and get a guaranteed good/great quality Convoy C8 or XinTD C8.

XinTD C8

This is the best place imo to get one. It’s located in the US so you’ll get it quick, and you can grab some 18650 cells and a charger there as well. There are no other US vendors that carry it (afaik). If you buy it from one of the Chinese vendors you’ll get the same product, just in 2-6 weeks.

Thanks. That was the site I was leaning towards. That zebra light looks intense. I think I need something a step down from that. As long as I can use my Panasonic cells in my new headlamp then I’ll be satisfied

I just wanted to say thank you to you guys. I just got my c8 from mountain electronics a couple days and have been using it on my night watch job. It’s incredible and is perfect for what I need it for. Now you guys have got me a little obsessed with flashlights and I’ll probably pick up a couple others Haha. I do still need a headlamp so any suggestions are welcome

you guys are SO bad?

that was like giving him his first hit of CRACK, ha ha

i like how hes all oh wow, this is great !… i think i may get some more !”

(and another one is CONVERTED… to the LIGHT side, BWAH-hah-hah-hahhhhhhh!!!)

==

but seriously? now that you already HAVE a couple 18650 batteries and a charger? yah… a bunch of stuff out there to play with, most reasonably priced, too

whil i dont have a c8 exactly? i have a light thats very similar, and yeah that form factor is cool, i like it.

but… you’ll probably like a 18650 “zoomie”… palm of your hand small, 100 yards no problemo with the right emitter… you already have the battery(s) and charger… and you can go from “laser beam out far” to “flood the back yard up close” and have fun…

i know i just “played” with my first lens-focusing “zoomie” light like a little kid? and most people havent ever seen a zoomie, and “ooh” and “aah” over them when they see one for the first time…

have fun and welcome to the club!

I believe my dad has one. It’s a void hawk? I think. About four inches long has a wide flood and zooms to square beam. I wasn’t impressed with the distance of the zoom though. Do you suggest a good one? Still need that headlamp too.

As far as being addicted already… Haha let’s just say I have an addicted personally and I just got this night job so it’s useful as well

One of us! One of us!

:smiley:

What will you be using it for, mostly close up work? (Ie crawlspaces, under a car, etc,.) Or do you need it to have a bit of throw? (Hiking.)

My exact usage is picking dead fish out 4 feet of water with a long net. So Haha I suppose a flood would work best since I carry a light on my side if I need to see a far distance

I feel the same way, for me a headlamp is something I need to be able to see within 5-10 feet, after that I'll switch to a flashlight.

My personal favorite (I edc it) is the Zebralight H602w. 120 degree flood, with virtually no hotspot. I don't use it as a headlamp, but got the clip meant for the h502, and clip it onto my whatever I'm wearing instead.

If you want a bit more throw. The H600Fw (w for Neutral White, and opposed to cool white) is also great. Not quite as much flood, but a bit more throw.

The armytek wizard pro series headlamps are also very good, but i'm not a fan of their UI.

Hmm I can only find the zebra light and it’s almost $100. I don’t need something that intense is there a cheaper option? I can’t find the others do you have a link?

With headlamps, I never really tried out the budget alternatives, the lowest prices for the zebralights would be from illumination supply (code: illuimnation I think) or http://www.e2fieldgear.com/ with code blf.

Zebras are very expensive, if I were to go that expensive a route my choice would be a Nitecore HC50.

It’s unfortunately tough to find a good budget option for headlamps. Most of them are throwers… Perhaps a budget zoomie headlamp? I don’t have any experience with them though.