More blades in fasttech

I’ve been considering this one for quite some time:

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1/10002792/1208202-authentic-strider-fixed-blade-nylon-sheath-hunting

Check this video out :wink: :

Wow! the fake strider… that is that i call a “recurved blade” haha
It seems very sturdy but i prefer a real brand.

I recently got that G-101S, a small multitool.
It has no GANZO branding on it and quality is pretty generic, nothing special. Similar to local “Biltema 5EUR kids multitools” or so.

On the other hand, I would say the larger G301 is great concerning the price / quality!
For example, I bought a Leatherman Wave half a year ago and it had some issues…
Handles were very un-evenly tightened and the small knife had absolutely terrible sharpening job done.
The blade edge had a metal “flap”, ugh…

Ganzo however had a super sharp blade, which according to my brother (gift) could cut through 2” heavy duty pneumatic hose with one effortless slice…

Keep in mind, G301 is pretty big. Even bigger than Wave.

Any comment on this?
http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10002795/1208201-buck-camping-hunting-knife

xatu, this is the real fake one!!!
Really, it’s worth getting it just for the fun of a torture test like the one in the video :slight_smile:

EDIT TO ADD:

Really beefy, just talking with my brother about the same one, he says it’s half price than anywhere else, just like the strider (why such a big difference, btw?) You know what i don’t like about that one? the laser design on the blade right next to the handle… i think it makes the blade unnecessarily weaker in the worst spot… if it didn’t have it , i’d order it, because i like the shape very much.

Don't get it ... I have one ... wasted money (Link 2). It sucks on so many levels that I don't know where to start. Especially the sheath and the used steel are total crap. The longer I own it, the more I hate it. I wouldn't use it for a doorstop. Worst China buy I ever did, even when it was cheap. Did I forget a superlative? ;-)

Get a Y-Start or a Mora robust instead .... about a million times better if not more.

Thanks for the info… i acknowledge you’re suggesting me gleichzeitig to buy the strider…. or is it my mind? :bigsmile:

A ew Sanrenmu is available - the small 481 (blade 4,5cm, without thumbpin and lock, you open it like a Victorinox Swizz Army Knife - this would be legal in most countries). It has a fancywork on the handle - maybe a nice little gift for the girlfriend.
$5,78

The BLF or CPF coupon code will not work, because it is not flashlight / battery. Maybe LAUNCH will work to save 5%.

Funny, I had the exact same idea… but i somehow like the thumstud. Did you ever have problems with the polizei because of a knife? I don’t see them very often, and even less bothering people, but since even the more-gf-friendly srm 605 is illegal… the only blade i edc now because of that reason is the one in the squirt ps4 :frowning:
And about the coupon, yep, it works. I think it’s better to use the LAUNCH one because only one can be applied, and that one covers everysingle item you might buy

No, I have never problem with the police and I do not remove the thumbpin. Of course I don’t carry my Enlan EL01 or Ganzo G704 in the city (I think they are to big as a EDC and I would accept, if the police have a problem with this big folders). My EDC at the moment is the Leen 1203-1 Price without coupon $14,67, with the coupon LAUNCH $13,93 (a nice review about it). The blade is under 7cm, G10 handle, clip or pouch (both together isn’t great), I use the clip for the first 3-4 weeks.
You can get it on Aliexpress a few cents cheaper, but you need a credit card.
Of course I would not carry a knife on special dates (1. May in bigger cities like Berlin) or events (visit soccer games, concert or go to a music club).

It seems they have removed all brand names from the knife pictures…

Which are without a brand named or logo? All Sanrenmu, Enlan, the Leen, the fake Bucks have logos. Don’t want to click every knife.

Some of the fake Gerber Bear Gryll don’t have one (some of the small version show pictures with the brand, others not) and I’m not sure, if the fixed Strider has a logo on it in the past.

The small fixed fingerknife buck is now cleaned, just the heart is visible.
Also the bear grylls knives, they now call them BG. Some I can’t recognize what they were because I am not so in the knives section…
Seems no gerber knife available, but still some bucks…?

Seem to me that they have photoshopped it away.

I had asked them to make a picture from the other side of the fixed bear grylls knife and when I wanted to compare it to the pictures of the gerber homepage everything was greyed out….

I think they removed the brands form the fake knives. A genuine Gerber Bear Grylls, Compact Scout cost $10-15. On fasttech and other chinashops under $4 within shipping.

they could just be seconds. the bear grylls are not good knives to begin with

If you read the reviews of the real Bear grylls knives than you find out that even these are crap…but for some $ they are fun to have…
And yes they are fake, I have compared them to the gerber pictures and the gerber sign on the blade is a different font. Also the orange BG is just cheap paint and will rip off really fast.

I just say that before pulling it out:
Step aside and look how a real man cut this envelope with his bear grylls survival knife… :party:

And after such a victory, we should toast…!

Umm, no?! I got 2 of the Fasttech BG knives and the orange is not painted. Out of the box, these BG knivers are the sharpest knives I´ve ever had. Sure, they won´t last long this sharp, but atm, you can easily cut layers off a rolles paper.

If these are fakes the quality probably is better than with the real ones. ;)

Most of the comments I’ve heard for the last 3 years or so (and i don’t think gerbar-BG collaboration is much older) are not very positive, and that came form earlier, wit gerber’s mistery steel. If someone can make a side-to-side comparison I will change my mind, but if not I’d go for those being the real ones……