More Fake Convoys from Gearbest.

Some good news, the Convoy S2+ (red ones) that was sent out 24.July, was real when I got them today. They was in the same type of gift box Simon uses, and checked the parts, they all looked a like some real Convoy S2+ I have directly from Simon.
So that was good news.
The items sent out 10.July = fake
The items sent out 24.July = real.

Waiting for my 5 x Convoy C8 ordered (sent out) 29.August and 3.August.

Question:

I have the Red S2+ with the Gift Box, and it’s Real.

Does Convoy use this type of gift box for any of their other lights? - I got a L4 from GB that came in the ‘crap’ box, like the Fake S2+ comes in. - My L4 seems real enough, but was just wondering about this box thing…

Thank you,
-Chuck

I was wondering the same thing. I think Simon would be the Best person to ask.

Marc

I have had an M1, grey S2+s, various S2s, S2 hosts, grey C8s and an S6, from Simon, BG, Fasttech and ME. All real. All came in the generic white thin-wall boxes.

The gift boxes seem to be reserved for ‘special edition’ lights.

I have had two fakes.

One difference with the fake lights is that there is a small sticker on the Convoy boxes that shows the model number and the LED bin number. The fake lights has either a barcode or no sticker (apart from the dealer SKU sticker).

I have the small sticker on my crappy L4 box - (L4 T6-3B), so it’s a real one!

Thanks DEL!

-Chuck

Maybe you can check the type of driver they use, modes, springs quality and switch quality?

You may compare your L4 with the review below and you should be able to tell. :slight_smile:

Since I have got both fake and not fake S2+ red flashlights from GB, I can tell that with the fake ones, I got the normal crappy box, just some paper around the flashlight. With the real ones I got today, and the real ones direct from Simon, the red one has a gift box with it.
The black and gray has not, but Simon put a sticker on telling what kind of flashlight is it.

As i mentioned already in the S2+ thread, the Convoy gift box is no more a indicator.

This is what i got:

But atleast no sticker from Convoy with the modelname or bin.

Looks real to me.

They are learning, maybe from here!
Now a good spring on the driver, but only a 1A driver.
Wonder if the driver has an Atmel chip?

My genuine one also did not come with the typical model/bin number sticker on the gift box, only the dealer barcode sticker like yours.

For me… is doubtful.

And more doubts… To be or not to be…

From the first it looks real. Are you saying it has an aluminium pill?

Marc

Yes, aluminium pill and rings. Plus the aluminium switch and general bad quality. If u own real Convoy lights, its obvious on the first sight.

Here is one of my three I got from GB yesterday, and they see out like the real deal, but you good people can decide:

All my boxes has the same white sticker with the same SKU number on it.

Yes!!! This is very good.

This label has same SKU number but the date is one earlier month.

And… this driver has not eight 7135…

@Kenneth Myhre

Congrats! - Your’s are real, if all the same as you just pictured.

-Chuck

You do have the ‘Convoy’ sticker as well, on the side of the cover.
Will have to dig up mine to see, I had the impression the gift boxes came without that sticker.

Checked them all, here is the pictures, so they are all real.

This one? On the box?

No - The little one on the end is the Convoy sticker. (S2+ T6-4C *8)

Also - Look at the 90° layout of the 7135 chips - That’s real. - The fake ones are not laid out at 90°.

Ken - Your’s are all real!

-Chuck

Tnx, finally GB is sorting things out. I’m really waiting for my Convoy C8’s, hope they are real also. I ordered some more today on their flash sale, of the new type. But I’m sure GB will sort things out if there is something wrong with the C8’s. Of a reason I don’t understand, they is sent as unregistered mail (two packages) still the price was over the limit, so I got free tracking. But no, they sent them unregistered. So can’t know where they are and when I get them.