More Fake Convoys from Gearbest.

Simon said the production time is one month or so.

It’s going to happen and it’s going to be awesome. The wife got her Red S2+ and now it’s time for me to get my Blue S2+ gosh darnit. :smiley:

My fellow BLFers will rejoice when it is released.

“My fellow BLFers will rejoice when it is released.”

You’re darn-tootin we will!

Thanks for bending his ear!

-Chuck

I wasn’t the only one bending it. It took a few of us bugging him.

You’re too modest;-)

Thanks Again!

-Chuck

thanks for bringing this to my attention. I just checked mine and it's the aluminum pill. I put a battery in it and it doesn't even light up. WTF!

PM Gina CSgearbest with your order number along with pictures showing the flashlight and packaging.

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/30740?page=6#comment-784908 Post #203

I have just been to check my S2+ and it too is a fake. My C8 is I think OK though. Looks like I will have to contact Gearbest!

When did they send the S2+ and C8?

So hav ewe seen any fake Convoy lights coming out BangGood at all? Before I knew of Simon’s store, I ordered and rec’d 2 C8’s, an M1, and a grey S2+ from there.

I’ll have to check the others, but my grey S2+ has a brass pill with thermal adhesive under the MCPCB, brass retaining ring for the switch, gold springs on both ends, and a 105D driver with the 90 degree oriented 7135 chips. BUT, it came in a plain white flimsy box with a barcode and the dealers SKU numbers including the bin and tint. It works great and the tint seems legit for a T6-3B.

Fake? I’ll see about posting up some pics if need be later on.

I’ll have to go check my two C8’s as well. One has a matte finish, the other glossy. I think both have aluminum pills, both with thermal adhesive. They aren’t sloppily made, but it would be nice to know if they are actually Simon’s lights or not.

Simon has clearly stated that there are Convoy counterfeits everywhere. The cause is the distribution channels....not Gearbest or any vendor here. If the light is tight and the pill is brass the it is genuine Convoy. Not all Convoy lights come in a gift box either. I have received them both ways from Simon himself.

Gotcha. Seems that Simon does put aluminum pills (or had been putting) into the C8 for a while there… so the brass pill rule would not apply in that model light.

Simon should use a paint pen or scribe his name/initials into the inside of the lights, so if it’s a fake, we know it by the missing makers mark.

Thanks Jubeldum

Got my two “new” C8 from BG today (still waiting for the C8s from GB). Do they see real out, the one at the top has 8x7135 and the other 6x 7135.

From them pics it looks good. Matt ano, proper spring on the driver.

Marc

But it don’t look like this image, but I think that is the old one

Yep that was the old one. The new c8’s have a pill-less design.
You received the new, and real one.

tnx

thats what has stoped me form buying them in the past is to much unknow even with genuine ones.
gift box, no gift box, thin box, brass pill, aluminum pill etc.
even on post #38 were Tapis brought it direct from Simon at Aliexpress it has damaged 7135 chip.
theres is no real quality controll and in this case the manufacture need to step up this game.

@myhken. You could also look underneath the reflector, there shouldn’t be a pill which you can unscrew.
(led board is mounted directly to a flat face of the flashlight.)

Oh and be careful with the reflector and led!

Don’t think I want to risk anything. They work. They are from BangGood, so I hope they are real.
When I get my new C8s from Gearbest.com I can compare. Then, if necessary, I can do more research.