more throw from a C8 XML?

Just get a C8 with an XP-G in it, like the Palight. Problem solved.

That HD 2010: I believe one click will turn it off. I think the "usual" non-memory mode is to have it come back on in the first mode (if you waited over 2 secs, 5secs, whatever it is). This way you would never have to see the blinky modes. The other way a non-memory mode works is that the light comes on in the next mode whenever you turn it back on. This is the way my Dongrui All-920 operates. (I'm still a flashlight noob, so others feel free to comment on this operation.)

My Dongrui All-920 link has some details (mini-review) on this light and a beamshot comparing to a Palight XP-G R5. Those pictures flat out suck though! The camera takes horrible photos in low-light conditions. The real performance is much much better than the photos show! The Dongrui All-920 is a hard driven XR-E Q5 and is not a pencil beam thrower! At one of my test locations I aim toward a barn across a field which is 600' away. This light lights up the entire side of the barn (guessing barn's height to be +/- 40' to 50'). I'd say at 60' the beam is about 5' in diameter. I find it much easier with this light to focus on the distant object that I am aiming at. I'm really impressed with this light and highly recommend it. It's not top quality, but it's only $13.50! Found at Manafont. It's very similar to a C8 style light (same exact size), but is isn't a C8.

I do also very much like my Palight. It puts out a little more flood than the Dongrui and is a typical decent quality C8 (although mine came driven too hard and required a driver swap, but at least I don't have blinkies anymore!).

-Garry