Most narrow throwy optic for convoy s2+ with kb.cslnm1.14?

I have a Convoy S2+ with the KB.CSLNM1.14 (blue) Osram W1, and I am new to this, but it came with the standard smooth reflector, and if possible, is there an optic I can use to make the beam more narrow? It probably sounds like a crazy question because it probably seems narrow enough, but not narrow enough for me. I already have a blue laser pointer, so I am sure you can guess why I said that. Also, is there something wrong with the beam profile on mine? I will post the pics. Thank you guys. I hope that one day that I can be like you advanced knowledgeable about flashlight people and that some day be the one who can answer questions like mine.

The beam on the wall is 10 feet away from the flashlight emitter.

With a small reflector and a small LED that may be the best you are gonna do.

1 Thank

This is true. Technically you can make the beam more narrow by blocking off parts of it, but that’s probably not what you actually want. What you actually want is increased intensity, which is not possible given the same emitter and same reflector/optic diameter.

The only way to get a more intense beam is to go for a flashlight with a larger head.

The smooth reflector on the the S2+ with CSLNM1 is very throwy for the light’s head diameter. The larger Z1 and C8+ might give you a narrower beam. If you want a laser pointer like beam, maybe get a laser pointer.

1 Thank

At that point an LEP makes more sense.

2 Thanks

Thats what i was thinking. Thanks for inputs

You can use the S2 reflector in the S2+. The S2 reflector is deeper so it cuts off more of the spill and collimates it into the beam. I characterized the S2 optic in this thread. Maybe you’ll find that interesting.

Edit: S2 reflector does not work in S2+.

1 Thank

The S6 has a slightly deeper reflector, you can get it with KB CSLNM1.14

3 Thanks

Can you explain how to do this?
The S2 reflector is approximately 8mm deeper and when I tried this in the past, the battery tube couldn’t screw in all the way.

Oops, must’ve gotten my wires crossed. S2 reflector is too long to work in the S2+.

Gotta use the S2 for that deep reflector. S6 might use the same reflector as the S2?

1 Thank

Yes, I believe the S2, S5, S6 and S8 all use the deep reflector.

1 Thank