Most powerful light for least amount of money?

I’m in the US. Just ordered each of the Sk’s you mentioned for $7.25 for both on ebay. Look like great deals and thanks! Surely the SK98 isn’t really 2200 Lumens though???

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2200Lm-SK-98-Focus-Adjustable-Zoom-3-Mode-XM-L-T6-LED-Torch-Flashlight-H2-/111772398080?

Just typical product exaggeration I assume?

You may be disappointed with the sk’s as the one’s our members know and love are equipped with legit cree emitters, and everything for sale today has the dreaded lattice bright led, even though the ad may state otherwise. Most of the time the sellers don’t know the difference.

If you can spring for another light here’s another vote for the convoy c8. You will be getting a proper led and you will be very pleased with the light.

And you’re right the sk will not haver 2200 lumens, if you get a lattice bright led you may only see a tenth of that.

Honestly I would cancel that order and put your $7.95 toward something better. The chances of you even getting an sk with the specified xml t6 is very low.

We are all about budget here but expecting to get 2 lights that you will be happy with for 8 dollars is not possible.

Do notice that while TheMiller mentioned the sk’s, he also said “The cheapest decent one is the Warson X65” with emphasis on the word decent.

As the OP has stated “I’m looking to replace a 3 D cell LED Maglight with something brighter.”
For something around that sort of size, 3,000 plus lumens, excellent build quality & about $50 for either, how about the Convoy L6 or Thorfire S70 :slight_smile:

Ahh! I guess that’s the scary part of buying from the bait and switch China market.

So it sounds like I just bought two counterfeits with my SK’s?

Yes, but still funny little lights and for most people without experience still bright and impressive :wink:
Really the C8 is 1 of the best starters you can get.

Regarding the Warsun X65: the successor of this light is the Warsun X50. Same host, XM-L2 instead of XM-L. Decent for it’s price.

Regarding C8: Thorfire C8s has same quality as Convoy C8. In Europe better available (Amazon).

Regarding “most powerful”- this is really promising:

+1 Mountain Electronics is top notch and US based. A lot of these sellers are in China, which means you’ll have to wait a few weeks to get it in the US (2 to 3 weeks usually). And the specs aren’t normally guaranteed to be 100% accurate.

The C8 superb quality, its very bright, and a perfect starting point in the flashlight addiction hobby. Welcome to the forum! :beer:

Oooh man!
I had not see that firmware upgrade RMM is offering
Now that is nice!
The normal modes are a bit limited
Yes if I was US based I’d go for Richards C8 with that nice software upgrade for sure!

This seems like a cool challenge, I’m thinking I could do it for $20 all in (light, battery, charger)

Convoy S2 1000 lmn for $13~ from GB or BG there’s even one on Ebay for about that price
XTAR smart charger on clearance for about $3
Then a decent 18650 battery puts you a little over $20

I’m sure somebody even cheaper than me can do better :slight_smile:

EDIT
I just saw a flash sale at GB, grey convoy s2 at $11 for the next few days, at that price the battery options go up to start including 2 cell deals.

What cells are they including?

Great plan. :+1:

Better off buying from Simon for a little more money. Might not get a geniune or top grade quality item from Gearbest. It’s just the roll of the dice.

+1.
Supports Simon. He is a stand-up guy.

Thanks! So I see a lot of recommendations towards Simon. Is this Simon’s store:
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Gray-Convoy-C8-Cree-XML2-U2-1A-LED-Flashlight-torch-lantern-lanterna-bike-self-defense-camping/330416_32240836052.html

ie Shenzen Convoy Electronics.

It looks like the price is similar to MtnElectronics but of course with free shipping from China to US.

Indeed that is his store at AE.
Not sure if it is still applicable, but if you send him a message that you are a BLF member, you might get a 15% discount.

Yes but it wil take a lot longer and the driver update mountain sells is sweet.
Though both Richard and Simon are highly positive regarded vendors and not without reason, you cant go wrong with either of them.

Thank you much for the recommendations. Does Richard ever offer any BLF incentives as Simon does?

If the zeusray light was the same light that they originally made I’d say the zeusray was the best bang for the buck ever, but I don’t know anything about the light anymore

Richard is a regular member here. His user name is RMM and he has a running thread about his store. His website accepts BLF as a coupon code for 3% off all products. He also, from time to time, offers great deals around here.

Bella said it best, the Thorfire S70 or Convoy L6 , most light for the money. Well over 3 times the light output at considerably less than 3 times the money of the C8’s and such mentioned. With some prudent shopping, close to twice the price and nearly 4 times the output.

To me, that right there really constitutes “most light for the money”

3500 lumens in the $45 range.