Mountain Electronics Modified Lights Reviews or Descriptions?

I am thinking of ordering a couple of the modified lights that Mountain Electronics offer but thought that I would check here first. Looking at the fully modded SupFire M6 and the minimally modified Securitying SRK style lights.

In particular I am looking for a description of the 7 levels switch operating modification and how it works (a description and evaluation of the UI). Also any comments on workmanship or problems with his lights. A search did not find any reviews of his lights.

The RMM M6 has a thread around here somewhere (its at least mentioned many times in one or some), and a number of people will tell you how great they are. I cant say myself as I dont have one, but the people claiming great things know a thing or two about lights so its pretty safe, you wont be disappointed with its light output. And if you live in the US, they are local.

‘RMM’ is a member here and he runs Mtn Electronics.

Not a direct review, but lots of feedback posts are around. His sales thread has a few here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/22440, but I know it's massive. The mod method and driver UI has been a culmination of efforts here that Richard himself was directly involved in. I know more info can be found in threads, but not sure where off hand.

Though I don't have one of his modded lights, and can certainly vouch for his expertise and attention to detail. He's been on the bleeding edge of the new design/mod work here. I have bought a lot of parts and hosts etc. from him - and service/support is 5 star. All reviews of his lights I've seen have been very favorable - you have nothing to worry bout, but if you can't find info on the modes, I'm sure he'll respond pretty quick to a query, either pm RMM (Richard) or via his website.

I asked because Richard was out of town for the weekend and has not answered the emails I sent yet. I did just find the Mountain Electronics modified M6 thread and it has answered many of my questions. Reading it now.

The RMM or Mtnelectronics Modified M6 is a beast! Workmanship is top notch. I have the hot-rod version that can melt synthetic fabric on high. DBCstm posted a pic of his melting 3 nice little rings in his nylon jacket pocket in RMM Sales thread. I am very pleased with my light it has good throw for a triple emitter and it puts out conversation stopping volumes of light. My feelings are that if you can’t decide to get a light crazy bright or really bright then get the crazy bright version. There are seven levels of brightness to select from, the light does not always have to be on turbo. The turbo has an automatic step down. Also the low is way way low. You have to look down the barrel sometimes to see if it is on or not. That leads me to my only 2 gripes about one of the very best lights I own. Too many levels for me. My limit is about 4 unless they are hidden modes or levels. The moonlight is too low for me. I can re-flash the STAR OS if it really bothers me and I have not done so. The light is very good. The PWM is so high that it does not interfere with video- a major pet peeve of mine that has always been a problem until this light came along. Shooting video of cute critters in the rain forest at night was a problem due to lighting that was easy to pack. Not anymore. The volume of light this baby cranks out is insane, habit forming, not to be used without adult supervision type stuff. Choose your flavor of Kelvin preference and get yourself one.

I have both the M6 and the SRK from Richard.They are both good but I feel the M6 is the better of the two.It’s one beefy host!

I went ahead and ordered two, one the minimally modified version and the other the blowtorch version with the cool white LEDs option. Also ordered the recommended batteries for each, LG ICR18650E1 unprotected versions for the torch and Panasonic NCR18650B Protected 3400mAh ones for the mild modifications unit.

Richard’s battery prices are more than competitive for high grade name brand units compared to most sites.

I have a couple blf17dd boards made by Richard and are professional quality. I don’t have any of his modded lights, but his shipping is fast, as well as replies to emails for any questions you have.
I assembled a Convoy S6, blf17dd, and a CREE XP-G2 triple Noctigon from his store and all I can say is holy sh$t, this tiny light is bright.