Moving from California to Arizona someday

That may be so, and I never said otherwise, but a place with a good view generally costs a lot more, and that's a luxury that we don't really need.

In other words, we won't be looking for a place with a spectacular view like we have now.

I would like to recommend Buffalo, NY. We have great summer, spring, and fall seasons. Housing is affordable. We have chicken wings, beef-on-weck, Sahlen’s hotdogs, and the Bills. People here are great. It’s true that we also occasionally get 7’ of snow, but we have lots of snowplows so the roads are good in short order. Driving home from work in whiteout conditions is something everyone should experience at least once.

We sold our 1200sq ft condo in San Diego and moved to a 4 bedroom house on 1/2 ac in Atlanta. After 8 years in Atlanta, we moved to rural North Wales, UK.

Looking at the price history of our condo in San Diego

$161k 1990 Our Purchase (brand new)
$244k 2001 we sold it
$585k Current estimate

Our 250 year old house in Wales is worth about £200,000 - $260,000

Prices in NW Montana have gone nuts in the past year. We looked at lots last Christmas with the idea of buying something to retire on. Now that we have a deposit saved up, we went back and looked on line. One we looked at in December was $44,000. Someone bought it in March to flip. Now asking $75,000. They are all like that :frowning:

And drive I think an SUV…… RED OCTOBER

Same here. I was looking for a place out east a coupla years ago, everything decent was going for 160-180, maybe 200 tops.

Now? Pfft. 250 is bare minimum for something that “needs work”, and anything decent is 300 or more.

I was toying with the idea of getting something that was going for (I think) 220, but everything else in the nabe was mid-to-high 300s. Ie, buy it, fix it up just for me to live in a few years (and obscene taxes, unfortunately), then flip it if I’d find something more to my liking.

But this damned corovirus and people (who can) working from home, they realise they can move out into the ’boibs and still keep their jobs. So it’s a f’n feeding frenzy as far as real estate.

Yay, somebody caught it.

Most times when I blurt out some obscure movie reference, I wonder if it’ll land…

Heh, my friends and I say that whenever someone mentions Montana, although I thought it was “have seen”. I actually went there last year (Glacier natl park) and it was beautiful! but cold. Not something someone from the CA desert would normally look for.

I know several ppl that have left here for both AZ and TX and love both…and one that went to Montana but I think she’s nuts