Mr.Lite J4 XM-L Mod

whoohoo! I just did my first DIY project ever. Swapped a xm-l on a 16mm star into my mr.lite J4. Also am using the reflector from the trustfire tr-801. The light is absolutely awesome in output and all of the modes work perfectly. The light heats up very fast on high, but I trust that is a good thing.

At the tailcap on high, it is drawing 1.5A from a protected flame trustfire 14500. This thing is a sweet little pocket rocket.

I am excited to do my driver swap/ xm-l swap to my tr-801 now. Uh oh. I have discovered the other side to this hobby. Not just buying/collecting, but actually modding and fiddling with them. Makes it much more enjoyable and rewarding!

I bought some IMR 14500s for mine. I'd strongly recommend you do the same.

Mine is drawing more than that, but much over an amp from a 14500 is more than I prefer to pull.

Runtime isn't great but if you carry a dozen or so lights, who cares....

[quote=mizjif]

whoohoo! I just did my first DIY project ever.

[/quote]

Congrats on your first mod! Sounds like it turned out great. Careful, modding is addicting

Thanks! When I was done I put a KD 2800 mah driver and an xm-l into my tr-801 :smiley: wow. It’s drawing over 2.86a and wow. For it’s size, it is impressive to say the least!