mrsdnf's machine made 7th Annual BLF/OL contest entry. Updated and finished from post 6.

now sure what you building for the contest, a flashlight or a bike lights, but i love them all. awesome work,

I’m not sure what I’m building half the time either. :slight_smile:

Had an hour coming back from a trip the other day in the dark. I’m really happy with them.

I have been in touch with our Russian freind. I linked to the build here. I just got a couple of smaller drivers of him to build a couple of day time running lights to help low beam. These will replace the standard items if they work better.
Got a couple of lenses with cut off. I’ve done some rough testing with different leds and XHP35 seem to work best in them. We’ll have to suck it and see how they go.

You can change some resistors to adjust current, but at some point ripples will go to flickers.
This is not 100% legal, but you can use 2 same current drivers in parallel.

Thanks kiriba-ru. :beer:

This beautiful lights fits your bike perfectly. Impressive output!

It sure would have been nice to have that light 40 years ago.

Cibie had good lights almost 40 years ago from my own experience again on motorbikes. Not sure why manufacturers get away building crappy head lights.
Thanks Flashy Mike.

I don’t know how I forgot Cibie. I put my first set on a ’68 Volvo 123GT back then; Oscars and Super Oscars (2+2). I never tried one on any bikes… I was into British bikes and had doubts the ucas electrics could keep up. The first time I took the 123 out to try them the generator burned out after 2 minutes. Swapped to an alternator after that.

This reminds me that I also had Hella H4 headlights conversions. At the time they were illegal for road use; had to have OEM sealed beams to be legal. I remember thinking “what BS”.

Sweet jesus!!!

Just saw this and all i can say is I NEED A PAIR for my BMW R100GS PD!

I need a BMW R100GS PD to put them on. :slight_smile:

Down at Phillip Island yesterday for the World Super Bikes with Suncoaster. Lots of BM’s there with some interesting elliptical driving lights.

Naaah...you don't need these. Am talking about this one

Main light sucks and i planned to install Wunderlich ATON aux lights but angry blue just turns me off, as a HI CRI freak

Well done on completing your build :THUMBS-UP:

Looks good mate just need to hide them from the highways lol

Have you ridden the Great Ocean road? I drove it back in 2014 in Commodore and i went to Phillip island at the same time.

Thanks CRX.
Haven’t ridden on the Great Ocean Road for years. Do ride the black spur regularly though as I live real close to it.
Had the lights on going to Phillip Island for the World Super Bikes Saturday and makes riding at night a lot safer.