MT- G2 Build??

Thinking about doing a MT- G2 build. My question is how hard can I safely push this? Was thinking about doing a QLITE Zener driver with 16 chips, so 5.6 A.?

if you remove heat fast enough it can be ran at 6A. it was tested up to 16A.

i remember a while ago someone tested mce soldered to copper water pipe, it held up fine to up to 10A , of course cold water was circulating in the pipe.

Do they make a insulator gasket for these?

Not that I know of.

If you want to insulate the emitter from the reflector try putting a layer of arctic alumina thermal epoxy on the bottom edge of the reflector. Alternatively, you could use strips of Kapton tape.

Sorry for hijacking your thread, but is it possible to run this driver on 3s or 4s?

My TK61-MTG2 Runs fine at 10.77 amps. My Y3 Gets Damn Hot at 120 seconds at 6.2 amps. Depends on the host and heat sink. The TK61 runs a 1.852” Dia. x 4mm x 4mm for a total of 8mm thick copper heat sink, stock pan removed and pressed into the body, to the shelf. Y3 has a 2mm copper plate pressed into the body.

If the reflector fits the MT-G dome well put a piece of kapton tape over the reflector hole and use an exacto knife to cut out the hole then remove the kapton tape and slip it over the led. You can dump loads of current into that led but the limit is how much heat the host can dissipate for how long.

Seekers go here Post your MT-G2 driver results here. and all your questions shall be answered (well sort of).