MT-G2 with 65mm Aspherical 70kcd+

Thank you for the follow up. I will have to check for the fogginess thing. The black spot is most likely flux splatter from soldering the wire to the emitter base. I rinse my mtg2's with alcohol and then use and alcohol drenche Q-tip and gently rub surface of the emitter. Haven't lost any phosphor yet doing that. Unfortunately, it only seems to clean off before being burnt on from being used. Maybe it can be very gentle scrapped off.

I expected a bigger increase in your throw. I will update the throw thread as soon as I can.

EDIT: Throw thread updated.

The cleaning and gently rubbing the surface of the emitter did help. I do get well over 140kcd in peaks with 5,3Amps tailcap, Whoa!, however, this build is not thermally stable (actually this one is a standard p60 pill :slight_smile: ), and the intensity drops quickly, after 30 seconds a more descriptive value is 125kcd. With 1,3Amps tailcap I do get a nice stable 42kcd, and as compared to the MT-G2 version with a dome on there is about 100% increase (20kcd with 1,2Amps), which is more than I expected. Just to remind the MT-G2 dome pill was with 12x7135 and this dedomed 14x7135.

Ah, I see. That sounds reasonable. I was expecting your throw to not quite double, but get a good way towards it. 140kcd with the extra 700mA of current sounds pretty good.

Heat sinking that MT-G2 sure poses challenges. Best wishes on finding a solution. Looking forward to your next creation. This one is pretty cool.