Mtg beam shots?

Does anyone have any beam shots comparing the mtg in different reflectors? Ideally from p60, 35 mm, 42 mm, 52mm. I also have a Ledil Eva optic(lens area ~32 mm) that would need the center bored and repolished and that worked ok on P7’s.

I think Ouchyfoot has just done the TIR but cannot take a decent picture. DBC has also quite a few small lights I believe with MTG-2s.

The smallest I have is with a D mag size reflector but I'm not sure what diameter that is.

MT-G2 with P60?!? :open_mouth:

It’s for a dive light so heat isn’t an issue but a larger reflector creates more air volume and buoyancy at one end.

I have p60’s, the Eva tir optic, and a few different ~35mm reflectors. The optic makes some sense if it can focus properly as it has a very low volume and greater density than water. I’m trying to avoid having a large head from a big reflector. The Mag D uses a 52mm size. Also the lens has to be much thicker on a larger lens. I can use 4-6 mm acrylic on a p60 vs 8 mm at 52 mm.

I have an mtg2 P60.

Had it in a FM host to begin with.

I thought I had another gif somewhere of shots in a different location but seem to have lost it. Sorry

I don't have any comparisons. I should have some shots from different builds here, including the MT-G2 TIR, but never compared them to each other.

There's a couple of shots in the OP down near the end.

Also have a couple of the 27.2 AHorton aspherics I’d like to try out. So far, a p60 at 26.5 mm beats a Ledil Eva in spot size but the Eva has less spill putting more of the light into a slightly larger spot. I don’t have a good rig for testing, just a star on a pipe cap that I rest the lens on. A 35 mm reflector is way better than either but nothing seems to gather an MT-G in a small form factor so the aspheric is next. If I can’t get a decent beam from the MT-G I’ll go with an overdriven hi-CRI XML-2 like aT4-5C1 or 7A3.

Aspheric will have a bunch of dark spots in it. Nature of the MT-G2 beast.