Mtn electronics - no response but happily shipping my orderes

Very, Very well said. I have found that regardless of the dealer, if he is well liked and someone puts a negative experience, they[customers who like him] seem to ignore or discredit the gentleman with the bad experience and justify all the good the dealer has done.

Basically until “we” have gone through something, we have no right to judge and can not possibly relate to it because we have not experienced it.

A much more serious example. My friend fought for 4.5 years with Pancreatic cancer before he passed away last year. If I were to say, Joe, I know how you feel, I would be a liar because thankfully I do not have pancreatic cancer……I have not gone through it,I did not walk a mile in his Moccasins.

Well put BIV777!

I operate my own debt-free business. Browbeat my review if y’all like, but any business owner knows customer retention is key.

I went so far as to clarify my newb-ness and apologized in advance for my mistake in prematurely ordering. I still got the brush-off. He literally invited me to take my business elsewhere.

Maybe I just caught the guy on a bad day. Who knows? Who cares at this point?

I buy infrequently from MtnElectronics, and the merchandise I received was always in excellent condition. No dead batteries, and no DOA or damaged flashlights. My emails got a timely reply.

My only complaint is that their shipping options are too expensive and too limited. My most recent order weighed only 1.5lb (a small flashlight and two 26650 cells) and I was charged $14.50 for shipping via “Priorty Mail 2-Day” from their location in Utah to the neighboring state of Idaho. The USPS calculator shows a shipping price of $9.45

With these high shipping costs, I will continue to be an infrequent customer.

He just uses the flat rate boxes. One price no matter how near or far.

which i also do.
the box is free from usps.
there is more to shipping than postage cost.material.time,ect.
and i am surprised MTN even has time to deal with tiny orders of misc parts with a large commercial deal going.
i am getting rid of all that type of stuff wholesale as its not worth it to sell 1 led to someone and hear them whine about postage cost.
i wont even offer less than 10 pcs.
then its marginal.
better enjoy the availability of these small parts sellers such as MTN as once serving the market becomes a bother these resources will dry up.

I feel I am annoying customer, at times, but they always answer my inquiries (within a few days), whether it's about a purchase or advice on a light mod I'd like to attempt. The only gripe I have is that some customer buys what I want to order before I know I need it!

Nevertheless, orders are packed very well and shipped in a timely manner.

They are an excellent company and I’ve ordered from them many, many times. However, their excellence doesn’t extend to answering emails.

I received a bad cell from them, (leaking), awhile back and after many email attempts nothing but silence. Another member here received a leaky cell also and received no response to emails concerning it.

I even told them I would eat the cell if they just would go through their stock and check on the remaining cells to make sure there were no bad cells that could possibly be shipped in the future. Again, no response.

I figured a lot of folks would come to this thread and defend them and I still think they are a good company and just received an order from them last week. However, they sorely need to up their email responses.

I’ve had good luck with MTM responding back to me. I received an order last August and one of the items had a defect - a triple Carclo lens had a scratch on it. So I sent an email and received a response the same day. They sent me a replacement lens. My last 2 orders were flawless and my last order was received surprisingly quickly.

I highly recommend MTM! My first order back in 2014 was an RMM custom SupFire M6 flashlight that still gets used every day by my family. They’ve gotten a lot of my money over the years, but I feel like I’m the one that has come out ahead!

I make most of my purchases from mtn. Normally I get the tracking # same day and physically ships within a day. I have been very happy with the service. Bought many mod parts, 3 Meteors when they were new and now I just discovered Emisar. (been away for a long time) Picked up a D18 and a d4sv2 and had them within the week-good considering the holiday bitching up the works as far as shipping. I always specify priority box. My d4sv2 fit in a small box and he refunded the shipping difference without me asking so I highly recommend!