MX Power ML-310 Review - In progress

Caustic soda (sodium hydroxide) dissolves aluminium as well as anodising. As someone I know who was used to cast iron cylinder heads decided to decoke his aluminium cylinder head. Well there was no carbon on - but not much of a cylinder head either.

The glue lost to a great deal of force after an hour at 300C in the oven. I think I'll hide the scars with heatshrink.

Does anyone know any other AA 14500 lights that can take a cut to accomodate a 17500. I know the Romisen RC-I3 can handle it. The Akoray 106 won't and neither will an Uniguefire S10.

(As some of you obviouly know on this site but for general info; lights that can handle a combination of AA 14500 and 16340 are only 1mm from being able to handle a 17500 and the jump from 880mah to 1300mah rated batteries.)

Pee myself laughing at you "voting for Obama worked in the US" comment. Haha good one. Maybe worked if you are old school USSR type. Nothing good about Obama if you think well of America.

Don't know of any others, in general the compromises necessary to use multiple cells are not ones that the manufacturers care for - production costs get higher.

Hi Don,

Have you had any luck in removing that bushing?

Not yet, the mechanic was gone by the time I escaped from work. Just thought of another approach - now where did I put that 18mm dowel?

Taping a piece of sandpaper to something that will fit into a drill can be pretty effective. While milling bits and rotary die grinder bits are useful they can be aggressive. Many drills can handle half inch inserts and that is close enough to build up with sandpaper. I mounted my drill in a "vise" and worked the light body up and down the shaft and got a nice consistent finish.

For my UniqueFire S10 I tried a 1/2" rotary file because I had a lot of meat to remove since it was only a AA/14500 body to begin with. The S10 can't get to 17500 size though.

Hi Don,

Have you had any luck getting 17500's to fit yet? Yeah, I know you've been busy with other lights.

Not yet - but I do have to get to see the mechanic this week as he's got my car to put in a new cylinder head gasket.

It seems that the Akoray 16 is spec'd as 1 mm thicker than the 106. The threads ar nice but too deep on the 106 to open up for a 17500. The extra mm may be interesting. I may get it to try.I just wish it had an R5 to begin with.