My cup runneth over!

Sweet care package- congrats!

Congrats on the nice haul, sb! 8)

When you get tired of this crap i want it ..At some point these lights will be old and feeble ..(like me )I'm so damn jealous ....Titainium SWM w/ a nichia ?? Man do you know how hard they are to open to mod ? The Eagletac on a 14500 is scary bright .

Congrats Mr.Admin. thanks for all the work you've been putting in lately .This seems like really good timing .

The SWM V10R Ti is one awesome light. The light can be adjusted for just exactly the right amount of light needed. Its become my favorite EDC. The only thing I don’t like is the fear of loosing it. :open_mouth:
Hope you enjoy all the lights SB. It was truly a pleasure to be a small part of this. As so many others have said, you deserved it Mr.Admin. Thanks for all you do to keep our hobby forum a wonderful place. :wink:

Can someone point me in the direction to the competitions that sb keeps winning? I think its about time he did a group shot of all the lights that he has won.

You definitely deserve it. The masked crusaders have picked the right person to bombard with their generosity!

You work so hard on this website for everyone to use for free, you really are a great admin!

Congrats SB! You totally deserve it, and thanks for making the transition happen over from the sluggish server. :smiley:

Enjoy sb, and thanks for sharing (virtually) what you received !

Well deserved SB well deserved!

WOW, day after day i can’t believe how good this forum is, simply amazing, all are so helpful here….and on top of that, with big hearts!

Enjoy your flashlights, you deserve it!

Well said!

Just interested to hear if you like them… :stuck_out_tongue:

lol. your not supposed to show him that video BEFORE he eats it haha

lol, just playing with him. ;)

Both of those salmiakki candies are actually really good! I love them and can easily eat whole bag at once (which is not good for my blood pressure though).

I think it’s an acquired taste. I believe I tried salmiakki a few years back and found it to be quite revolting. But now, I can’t believe that I’m actually enjoying both flavors, especially the spicy TYRKISH PEBER ones.

What does salmiakki actually mean in Finnish? I can’t get the idea of fish out of my head, it sounds like “salmon” to me. :bigsmile: Hey, speaking of vile tasting delicacies, do you guys have surströmming in Finland? Or is it only legal in Sweden? :stuck_out_tongue: I think I would have to draw the line there.

Thanks so much for thinking of me with the treats, _the_, even if they were meant to kill me. :wink:

I still can't believe you would actually like Tyrkisk Pebers. Not so many people outside Finland likes those.. :evil: But they are my favorite candies. And so is the Salmiakki Mix.

Salmiakki is just the Finnish word for Salty Licorice.

"The word Salmiak finds its origins in ‘Sal ammoniac’, or ‘Sal ammonium’, the natural mineralogical form of ‘ammonium chloride”."

Some people say that Salmiakki tastes like a medicine. Well, they are kind of right:

"‘Ammonium chloride’ has a history of being used as cough syrup since it acts as an expectorant. Although no food historians can pinpoint when ammonium chloride started to be used in licorice, they all agree that it must have started in drugstores which were mixing their own cough medicine."

And you can even make it yourself (In your home lab.. You have one, right? ):

"Ammonium chloride is an inorganic compound resulting from the reaction between hydrochloric acid and ammonia. This is the ‘nasty chemical’ which replaces the salt in salty licorice… Ouch!"

[That's what Finnish kids do during their first chemistry lessons: 1st learn that you shall never eat at lab, then make ammonium chloride and taste it. Weird.. ]

About surströmming.. Well, it originally comes from Sweden and is sold also here (in some rare shops), but we don't eat it, at least I don't. ;) I eat almost anything, but I would never try the surströmming.. :sick:

In Holland we have the improved version of salmiakki, 'drop', made of ammonium chloride ('salmiak' in dutch), liquorice root extract, sugar and arabic gum. The taste of drop is also said to be acquired, but it took my two year old son 10 minutes to get addicted when he first tasted it . My brother who lives in Finland sent me some salmiakki a few years ago and drop is just better .

'Tyrkisk peber' by the way is not a dutch word, no idea what language it comes from.

Yeah, surströmming is fish bait. That’s all it should be used for. Fish bait.
Lobsters and crabs might like it too.

Are there many different kinds of drops?

This is what I'm currently enjoying:

A budget version of Tyrkisk Pebers. Tastes about the same. :)

Ingredients (note the high blood pressure warning!):

I dunno… everytime I see a Sunwayman light, I instantly fall In love again. Cmon XY-fire, clone ´em!