My first

Yeh. The whole pill unscrews as a unit, you pop out the reflector and pop in the TIR. Done.

Just make sure the O-ring doesn’t pop out as well, or if it does, reseat it against the inside of the head, then drop in the TIR. Keep it face-down and slowly screw in the pill most of the way, gennnnntly. Lightly tap upwards on the TIR ’til you have maybe 1mm of “give”, then flip it face-up, make sure the TIR is centered on the LED, then snug it up from underneath, also gennnnnnnnntly.

Done.

Also, TIRs made me love the 4C tint (yeah, even above the BBL). I could imagine what a 4D would be. :smiley:

Before it was a urine-yellow hotspot and cold white spill, the definition of a fried-egg beam.

After, with the TIR nicely blending all the light, it’s a beautiful warm-sunlight tint all over.

These are listed as 21.2 mm diameter. That is good for S2+?

I am about to get a couple of S2+ just to play with these (I didn’t have any interest to S2+ until I read about the extra lenses). Do you know if these lenses match with BLF A6? I prefer to get a couple more A6s if they match.

No idea about the A6, as I don’t have one.

20mms have a little bit of “slop” in a S2+, so 21mm or so should still fit. Worst case just sand a bit around the edges.

Lightbringer, why don't you own an A6? Just cureous. Thanks!

Never got around to it? Unno.

I got enough tubelights to last me through the Zombie Apocalypse and then some. Maybe just never saw a good deal on the A6.

pretty bloody good deals https://www.banggood.com/search/blf-a6.html

Lightbringer, you are a master innovator. I'm curious to know if you own any flashlights that you've just kept stock? Thanks.

FYI, my black S1 shorty from BG just arrived. Nice little light. BTW, I thought I’d mix it up a bit and ordered a red 18650 extension tube for it, but I am not a fan of that shade of red - looks more pink compared to the images on BG website. Oh well.

Here it is next to my S2+ shorty:

Actually, I’m quite lazy. :laughing:

Takes me forever to mod anything, and even then it’s overplanning, decision paralysis, etc. So unless I can throw it together in one sitting, it likely just doesn’t happen. Eg, a pill-swap from an UV S2+ into a purple S2+ host with ZWB2 glass. 10min, big-deal. But it’s done.

The TIRs will drop into the S2+, and even the narrower-angle ones will fit with the “shoe” attached (to properly space it slightly above the LED), but it requires almost ramming it down into place. And the wider-angle TIRs are more bowl-shaped than cone-shaped, so they won’t fit in the shoe.

So that’s why… think pennzy asked… any 21mm-22mm TIR will drop into a S2+ just fine, because if it’d fit with the shoe, the lens itself will absolutely drop in easily.

Pretty much all of my earlier lights (C8s, ’502s. etc.) are all modded or still just-for-hosts (even if complete). That includes most Convoy tubelights (S2/S2+/S3/S5/etc.).

Newer lights (any Thorfire, Sofirn, Wuben, Zanflare, etc.) are bone-stock. Too much “custom” stuff in there, and aside from maybe an emitter swap, I just leave ’em as-is. Can’t even reprogram the UIs, so…