My I4 charger is acting up, recommend me another.

After 3-4 years of constant use, my I-4 charger is in need of replacement. One bay doesn’t charge at all and I don’t trust it anymore. It shows cells are fully charged but aren’t. I was pretty happy with it, it did what I needed. I don’t need anything fancy.

Looking for a reliable and safe 4 bay charger. A charger that is good to my cells is preferred over rapid charging.

Should I just get another I4 or is there a deal out there on something good?

Lii 500 Engineer?

Suggest the Nitecore D4 charger.

I have a few chargers, including analysing chargers. But my favourite, utterly reliable & easy to use chargers are my Nitecore D4 chargers.

Best Regards,

George

I suggest the xstar vc 4 charger you can see how much mah goes into each battery. So you can see when your batteries are starting to die. Instead of just lights telling you your battery is done charging. There are like 22-24$ I believe. I use the vc2 and like it. If you want to be able to run discharges and such the liito 500 or opus 3100 are options

I4, D4, D2 are too slow for modern battery. Avoid. Don't no settle for anything less than 1A per bay rate.

Lii-500

+1 for the Liitokala lii-500

+1
Will be too slow to charge 4 high capacity 18650 or 26650 cells at one go.

I’ve the i2 and i4 and while both of them are steady and idiot-proof chargers, they are too slow when charging multiple batteries.
My get-to charger is Opus BT C3100, which can do 2A for 2x 26650 batteries

Is .5A bad for modern batteries?

500mA is acceptable for 2600mAh and below.

If you live in the US this is the cheapest and fastest way to get the lii 500
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LiitoKala-4-Slots-Lithium-Li-ion-Ni-MH-Battery-Charger-for-AA-AAA-26650-US-M7C5-/291759333187?hash=item43ee361f43:g:fQ8AAOSw3mpXLGjI

I got one from gearbest a while back and it’s really nice for a little over 20 bucks. I also have a Nitecore D2 and Xtar VC4 and the Lii is way better. D2 is slow and tells you very little info and the VC4 is slow with 4 cells in it and only tells you the mah pushed into the cell. The Lii lets you charge, discharge and charge (nor test) and tells you discharge capacity which is much more useful than charge capacity. It seems pretty well made too, I was very skeptical until I had it in hand. The display is a nice white with black lettering, much like the Maha C9000. Other options would be an Opus 3100 v2.2 I believe but I’ve heard one too many stories about loud/failing fans.

I’m not smart enough to understand this. With cc/cv charging, why is this no good for higher capacity batteries?

Not trying to hijack thread, but trying to understand.

Any feedback is appreciated!

It is not bad, only that at 0.5A, charging time would be too large.

There’s really nothing wrong with the SkyRC MC3000 if your budget allows for it. It can also be used in a dummy mode for really quick operation. 4x 2A charging is really nice.