My Medusa

OSHPark min drill size is .3302mm, wight instructed me on that

Yup I just looked it up. I'm using 0.4mm just to be safe. It allows me to fit 8 vias directly under the XP footprint thermal pad.

Yeah that will work. Ideally make RA0 the top and RA1 the middle, but either way can work.

Just my two cents, but I think that caution is unwarranted. The drill size limit is probably arbitrary, it may even be possible to get smaller drills simply by specifying them (I don’t know though). The fab house does have smaller drills for the 4-layer stuff (10mil rather than 13mil). Going with 0.4mm isn’t going to hurt anything of course! I think when I’m using mm I use 0.335mm for the tiniest holes to be on the safe side - much smaller than 0.4mm.

I definitely used 13mil the v07 PIC-to-ATTINY adapters. I haven’t tested the adapters yet, but the vias are clearly visible.

OK I will go with RA0 as powering the divider and RA1 as reading the result.

I might go down to 0.335mm then as my 0.4mm vias fit, but the mask is not perfectly square on the XP footprint...and I want it to be perfect lol. I've also switched back to AMC chips on the XQ emitters to be safe for the red emitter, but the circle pattern is not making a return. I'm keeping the nichia drive current at 2A max per emitter; because these are direct drive the 2A will only kick in for fully charged cells. The emitters will be driven less when the cells are at their nominal discharge voltage.

No need for any current limiting resistors on the UV LED either. djozz's tests showed he could comfortable direct drive the emitter off a Li-Ion cell, so I'll go with that here as well.

- Matt

New PCBs arrived today. I've assembled the engine module and I just need to shorten my new reflector for the color emitters plus grab a new quad optic and I'll hopefully be ready to roll!

What quad optic are you after? Fingers crossed.

Probably a medium frosted or narrow. I've got to place an order with cutter for some other stuff so I'll chuck it in there if I don't forget :)

Sweet, you can send that to Texas for a photo shoot when you’re done…you know Medusa loved traveling right? :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, and what am I missing? An octopus? I thought Medusa was a witch with snakes for hair, looking at the snakes or her directly could/would turn you to stone?

I chose medusa because of the multi-headed thing. Probably could have easily chosen Hydra. The logo is a lady with snakes coming out of her hair...not an octopus lol.