my new favourite small 16340 host, modded

I'm still waiting for my Ultrafire 602C to come in :( (should compliment my Convoy S5 nicely :D)

Very good mod

I have a small tube of GEIL copper colored heat sink grease that I believe came with a CPU heat sink I purchased years ago. It looks just like the stuff in your pictures.
The label on my tube says-
Thermal Conductivity >7.5w/m-k
Thermal Resistance >0.06c/in/W
5% silver, 5% copper.

Ah, thanks heaps.

We call the metal rings "washers" here.... DOH!

I think I have a project planned..........

Very nice. That emitter fits perfectly in the reflector.

I dig it. Very nice! This may convince me to pick one up for my first 16340 light. I've modded a few for others but down own one yet!

I like it!

Too bad about the failure. Seems like there was a happy ending though. Great job! :)

Nice mod djozz. Hopefully I'll have some Nichias soon so I will find out what all the hype is about. Looks like it may have restored a little confidence.

Any good alternative sources for this host, or similar?

Nice mod! DId you need to sand the board thinner? ANy other sources for this light (sold out)? Any clip options or other colours?

Nice looking Mod—These do make great EDC lights especially for in your pocket—I have played around with the 602c and found that a P60 pill works great (just have to reduce the shoulder slightly so it threads in) a good alternative to the stock aluminum— Fooling around one day —added 1-16mm sink pad and four older pennies (copper) to a P60 pill—sanded diameter to 18mm— made for a nice little triple setup!
!

Yup, I am making some “thread necromancy” but, did anyone ever used this: https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10000507/1052100-spiderfire-c-010-1-mode-130lm-led-flashlight-w ?

It is a bit smaller than djozz’s light, it also seems to be “older” in terms of product listing, but I wanted to check it!

Sorry for bringing back a sleepy thread :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks Djozz. I enjoyed the light show very much. This is the only light which I prefer it to be in its OFF state!

^ LOL, thanks Robert for the proper gif to go with the disco-tail.

I have modded a few of those Spiderfire lights too (in 2013!, link), slightly bigger than the light of the OP but smaller than the 602H. And I love the logo!
I’m actually surprised that they are for sale again at FT, I thought they were sold out. I gave my modded Spiderfires away, I may get one again for a new mod :slight_smile:

Ooops, I guess I didn’t do my research as I should, otherwise I wouldn’t have missed that thread :smiley: :person_facepalming:

Thanks for the information on this djozz! The information on FT site is not accurate as it says that the Spider Fire is smaller than your other light! No problems with that :wink:

I am just thinking (for a while now) about modding some 16340 lights and your mods and other of this type of light are inspiring me to do that!
I’ll probably grab 1 or 2 to make some mods and see how it goes :wink: I’m also keeping sight on a LuckySun 16340, just wish they had it in Aluminium instead of SS and Ti, only!

Thanks for the help on this :+1:

Looking forward to your mods.

I wished that the 16340 size was picked up again by the manufacturers, I like the size better than 18350, but the capacity and current handling makes the latest 18350's sooo much more attractive! There used to be a 550mAh 16340 AW cell that was really high current, it was labelled '15C', but AW discontinued it and now it is nowhere for sale. HKJ tested it in 2016.

I tested a few 16340's for a high current modded light. The best I found was a Trustfire IMR16340 (red-gold) They could hold voltage at a 3 amp load pretty good for a 16340, best I tested anyways. For some reason I can't link HKJ's review, I get this broken link when I link it. https://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/TrustFire%20IMR16340%20650mAh%20(Red-gold)%20UK.html

Trustfire IMR16340 (red-gold) Review.

I got the link to work under "advanced post editor".

Thanks! I guess I’ll have to have for several slow boats and some fast airplanes to get the lights and some other things to mod them! I’ll post them when they’re done! OR…I’ll scream for help :smiley:

I recently started using my smaller lights more and more (AA/14500s and M1T Raider won in X3 GAW) and I’ve been liking the 16340s more and more!
I wish the Olight S1R had a tail switch and I’d be done. But it doesn’t, so I’ll have to improvise :person_facepalming:
I have some OTR 700mAh and I’ll be using those for the lights I’ll get! They seem to be nice enough as been mentioned here on the forum ! Or maybe I’ll get some other batteries (Efest or something alike)!
I’ll scream for help then :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks again mate :wink: