My Right Foot (Four week update in post #41)

Four week update!

Here's what my foot looked like four weeks ago, and today:

click!

(Before is on the left, after is on the right.)

@lionheart_2281: Looks like I do cut my toenails awfully short. :facepalm:

The toe has stopped weeping, and looks pretty good to me.

Oh man, poor you, youchies

You can keep it. :frowning:

You nailed it, it’s getting off on the right foot, thumbs up :+1:

Since you’ve shown us your right foot, I figured it would be ok if I showed my left nut.

My Left Nut

How is your toe now??

In the 1970’s I had an ingrown toenail. The “QUACK” family doctor ripped my whole nail off. Not the thing to do as it grew back in grown again and was unnecessary and very painful!

I then went to a podiatrist who cut a sliver off my nail all the way down the ingrown side. then put a poison where the root was so it would never get in grown again,that was almost 40 years ago!No problems whatsoever!

You look like you went to the same doctor I originally went to!! He removed your entire nail!! NOT GOOD!

Time will tell but I bet it will get ingrown again,if it does go to a Podiatrist! If that is where you went then he is a quack also!! :smiley:

The photo on the right is from yesterday. My toe is doing great now. I saw a podiatrist this last time and asked him to remove the entire nail. He did, and he applied the poison so that hopefully the toenail will not grow back.

I hope it works out for you. :slight_smile:

I am not sure why he did that. Back in 1978 my podiatrist,well I already explained it! It is unnecessary to remove the entire nail to succeed in removing an in grown toe nail. My Podiatrist said the family doctor should have NEVER taken the entire nail off,low in behold as I mentioned it grew back in grown and the Podiatrist did the procedure I mentioned without removing the nail and I have not had a problem since,simply because it can not get ingrown again w/ the poison and the sliver of nail missing!

So what does it look like NOW?? Did it grow back Ingrown like mine did when the quack removed my entire nail[like yours] back in 1975!

Like I said a Podiatrist[ a good one at least] would NEVER remove and entire nail just for an ingrown toe nail!!!

It started to grow back on the left side, so I ripped the nail off.

It is not ingrown (yet).

He really didn't want to, but I insisted.

I had the nail of my big toe on my left foot completely removed years ago, and it did not grow back.

Ok,thanks,wow that 7 months went by quick!!

Why did you insist to rip the whole nail off??!! Are you a masochist?!!! :person_facepalming:

I was sick of getting ingrown toenails.

I am sorry to say your doctors do not know what they are doing!

In 1975 when I got an ingrown toenail we went to a family doctor. He ripped my entire nail off and did not tell me! A few days later I was soaking it and could not get the bandage.Moving foward. It grew back ingrown again and this time I went to a Podiatrist. He removed the ingrown nail and then put some liquid that would kill the root on that side and would NEVER grow back again! That was 42 years ago! it has not grown back. I got one on the other toe and he did the same thing!

Maybe you should move East where there are more qualified Doctors!! :person_facepalming:

When they removed my nails, they put that poison liquid on all sides to kill the root so that it would not grow back.

Unfortunately, if done correctly, the poison only prevents the nail from growing back about 90% of the time.

It's not a sure bet thing.

You have gone through unnecessary pain. I know how it feels,It was as painful or more than my Knee operations before arthroscopy.

When, probably not if, it grows back in grown please go to a QUALIFIED Podiatrist and he/she should do the same procedure as I had 42 years ago! :sunglasses:

Well,Unfortunately you are in the minority of that 10%. Either that or they are not applying it correctly. I never heard of those odds,it may be true,mine was 42 years ago!

I am 2 for 2.

As I read this again,my procedure was different. My nails were NOT removed when the podiatrist put the poison in. He just cut a sliver of my nail all the way down the side and then applied the poison.

I can not imagine them putting that poison in with no nail there and raw flesh,even if applied after it heals a bit.

I guess I should have said, immediately after they removed my nails, they put that poison liquid on all sides to kill the root so that it would not grow back.

I understand that,you did mention that. Like I mentioned, my procedure was different! The nail was still on, only a sliver down the side was removed , then the poison put in.

I do not mean to be harsh on you! :wink: I feel bad for you.

I am going to do more research on this,cal a podiatrist and internet research!!