My Ultrafire F13 mod thread

Ahhh - not a "big" difference in the hot spot, but the bigger reflector, the more intense the hot spot. The depth and possible front blockage effects the flood width, not the reflector width per say. For example, a HD2010 is a great classic throw - wide and shallow reflector - so wide flood, great tight hot spot. My BLF A8's lens is set way back - the SS bezel blocks out the flood zone pretty good.

Thanks Tom. I think I’ll just buy a couple reflectors and see which one works better. I don’t understand how can they fit different sized reflectors if the host is the same. In the A8 thread there’s this guy who got one with a 30mm reflector, so maybe I can use both?

I assume the 25 and 30 #'s are width not depth, and outer width at that. The most critical dimension for throw is I.D - Inner Diameter of width. I've seen 5 mm variations in I.D. for reflectors that can fit the same size light.

If it's for 2 different light designs - yes, bezel thickness's can vary quite a bit. Zoomies have more extreme variations in lens width than reflector lights, but reflector lights can vary quite a bit based on the bezel and housing design.

Yes, it’s outer diameter. I believe depth is 21mm for all the models. I think I’m going with the Ultrafire LZZ-F15 clone and once it’s here I’ll see if I can figure out what reflector size(s) I can fit. Already found a couple candidates, one 30mm/24mm OP that I’l need to file to 21mm depth, and another 25mm/20mm that I might be able to use with an extra o-ring or thicker gasket.

Thanks for your help again