my version of a 100 watt led flashlight

Lmao! Imagine the size of a reflector you’d need to have it proportional to say an xml, crazy. I love it.

Edit: You did a pretty bang up job cutting that thing to fit, how did you do it?

dremel, and 15-20 mins with some wet/dry sandpaper on a chunk of flat rock, that is visable in the one image

Any updates?

not as of yet, ran out of money for parts atm. need a brass sheet, some brass strips. more screws, and a glass round. then I can work on it some more

ordered the brass sheet(to make a brass ring from) some brass strips… and a 95 mm camera uv filter to use as a glass cover for now… also drilled the holes to mount the 400 watt driver. need to trim the screws. a bit too long they are. will take a few photos after screws are trimmed… dont know if I’ll manage that before work or after.

two new photos for ya all…

!

!

!

!

there ya go. now to wait for parts again. I might figure out how I’m gonna mount the fan, then go and cut the ventilation slots, and the window for the controlls and display on the driver. I might put a tinted window and try and extend the buttons up through the side of the shell. using wooden dowels. also need to get a nice switch too, and figure out how to get the power wires outside the shell…

went to a local rc flea market. came home with a 12volt 7ah gell cell battery will use that for my flashlight for now, also got a box of rc helicopter parts in side was a small pile of arduino type stuff. gotta go through that to see what its worth, dont think I’ll use the arduino stuff.

okay, got a starter hole cut for access to the driver controlls. still trying to figure out where I want to put the handle and switch and fan. will need to cut holes for ventilation to allow the fan to draw air in.

update, alright, pretty happy with the access hole. cleaned up the mounting holes for the driver and led, think I know where I want the fan. need ventilation holes, and switch and handle mounting holes yet. and power wire hole. also the glass and brass plate should arrive today… brass strips dont know yet.

brass sheet and glass are here… the brass sheet is thicker than I thought :slight_smile: its nice an sturdy. cutting it might take a while, since I need to cut a ring from it. if it proves too difficult I’ll get a thinner sheet and try again.

update! got a thinner sheet of brass, cut a circle then a ring from it, then cut and formed the brass strips. and heres a few pictures

well I did get a shell, and had it running, was dissapointed in the result. so junk that led and get a cree cxb3590 led 5000k just waiting for the wire to get here for the mount.
!

!

hope the link works

okay, some new photos, :slight_smile: its rather bright even run at only 25 watts.
first image is of the cree cob led mounted to my heatsink, fan attached to heatsink to blow air into it, and the 400 watt CC/CV digital boost driver.

!

!

inside the 105mm shell casing

!inside the casing

the casing on its side with the handle attached.

!

the battery system for the flashlight, 12v/24v supply

!

the 24volt switch on and showing the monitor system

!

inside the battery box, 2 12volt 7ah gel cells power the whole thing.

!