N10sivern's Zombie Slayinator - 3rd Annual BLF Contest Hand Made - Grand Finale Posted!

Damn, this build is starting to get serious already. That lens looks like it will get the job done just fine in that condition.

Glad I'm not a zombie or friends with any of them. :)

Pictures of lens posted in the OP. Wow, holy crap, this thing is ginormous

I love these overkill projects! Cant wait to see this monstrosity in action!!!

Aspheric lenses don’t play well with those big LED arrays. You wind up projecting a pattern of dots (the individual LEDs in the array). A diffuser over the array helps, but lowers your output level and you usually wind up with an uneven beam pattern. Another possibility is to try a faceted reflector between the LED and the lens.

Also, be aware that boost drivers require an input voltage a few volts below the desired output voltage. If you want 36V out with that driver, the input voltage should probably be less than 32V. Otherwise it can’t regulate and you may get the release of Magic Blue Smoke. I’d probably drive it from a 6S lipo pack for RC cars/planes. A fully charged 8S pack might work, but could be too close to the regulator output voltage (it depends upon the “dropout” voltage spec for the device).

Yes but I can’t use a small die with this lens or it will be a laser pointer. I may use some type of secondary collimater lens to diffuse the dots. As for the driver, it’ll be fine as I plan to push cxb3590 this at 40V

Nice project.

This seems backwards. To KISS, why not use a small voltage-adjustable step down converter to power the fan from the main battery bank(s)?

This light is going to be epic. Glad I didn’t enter the contest this year, would have zero chance of winning. Lots of good ideas this year.

My LED arrived!!! Along its it came my Ledil Seanna. I probably won’t use it for this project but figured I’d show it off!

My Seanna is making 362Kcd from a measley 230 lumens with an XP-E2 Torch emitter. :stuck_out_tongue:

Have fun! :bigsmile:

you’re about to save mankind, I (impersonating a coffee roaster) must send you some coffee to keep you awake to get it done before the apocalypse…

Yemen Mocha or Ethiopian Yirgacheffe please :wink:

I may attach the Seanna to a torch with a defined XP-G2 and place it behind the aspheric lens to see what I get. It’ll be pin point I know that much!!!

Yirga in stock, unfor no Yemeni. At least you didn’t say Esmeralda Geisha…

Ha, I’ve had Esmeralda Geisha before. The two I mentioned are two my dad always keeps at his house. He roasts his own green beans. He now has a Behmor 1600 he got about a year ago as his other roaster (similar to a fresh roast) died. He started out with an old popcorn popper.

I’ve prob ran into your dad on various coffee forums. also on my 3rd roaster…

I’ve tried roasting my own beans in a popcorn popper. It worked okay, but it made my popcorn smell funny! :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve heard of Yemen, and I’ve had a little Yirgacheffe, but I’ve never heard of Esmeralda Geisha before. My favorite is Kenya, but that doesn’t matter, ’cause nobody offered me no coffee! :_(

Edit: Did you know that Sweet Maria’s has Whirly Pop stovetop poppers for sale, for popping roasting coffee beans?

Need some Panama Elida in a bad way!

Here.

I may be the first to have a flashlight build thread turn into a coffee thread LOL

get the build on man! We need pictures! Stimulate us!

Ethiopia Sidama this morning….