name some nice lights with a side switch but under $35

shadow jm26?

http://intl-outdoor.com/shadow-jm26-xml-u2-850lm-sideswitch-26650-flashlight-p-585.html

may have found the winner. only thing is the price. she really likes that shadow jm26. she says the UI is great too. lemme get this straight. you turn it on with a simple press. press again, and it switches modes. double tap to strobe. and from ON mode, you hold switch to turn off and it will NOT switch modes.

that sounds like a light i want also hahah. but i would have to mod this for sure. anyone here have one to chime in? is it bright, floody, spill?

I was under the impression the JM26 was more of a thrower. Its been on my ‘maybe’ list. Love single-cell big head throwers.

hmm, then i might just buy this light for myself. she wanted something more on the floodier side.
any other lights out there with same IU?

it has a 7135 based board with room for twice as many 7135’s as standard without stacking if memory serves. It is also on my desired list, along with its 3up sister the sl3

edit, sb flashlights does both the jm26 and sl3 I think if you want one quick.

oooh, that sl3 looks very appealing haha. but dayam, $80 is no joke , it should be $60 max

This one has a magnetic side switch and just a tad smaller than the HD2010

1500 LM CREE XM-L T6 LED Flashlight Waterproof Magnetic Control Torch Lamp

Pretty sure the sl3 can be had for about $60 of you shop around…

hey, i might have to try this one. how does magnetic control work? never had any experience with them. doesnt say much on the description either. do you push the switch up and down? how does it turn on and off? is there a tail cap switch as well?

Ive got one and am happy for the price … havent tried the waterproofing yet though.

Its just a little switch on the side just below the reflector that you slide up n down … only downside is that ive heard there is a parasitic drain … but this is easily avoided by leaving it in the on position and giving the tailcap a quarter turn to turn it off completely (it doesnt even take that much … about an 1/8th of a turn will do it)

thats pretty cool. so theres no strobe?
and to turn off/on, you simple press on that same side switch that slides up n down?
how bright is it compared to some lights you have? is it more of a thrower or flooder? beam small or big? hows the spill?

I will add that my fiance LOVES the SmallSun ZY-T13! I think it'd be a great consideration for her and if you don't already have one, should she not like it for herself, you could always keep it for your own. ;)

correct … no strobe :party:

to turn on, slide switch up, and slide down to turn off … no pressing any buttons … but as i said there is ‘apparently’ a parasitic drain in the off position, so to preserve the batteries you just give the tailcap a slight twist and that supposedly stops that problem.

I havent tested the parasitic drain myself to see if it iactually happens, im just going off what i read in a review.

Not quite as bright as a HD2010 … but not far off … also has a similar beam battern with a slightly smaller hotspot.

hmm… i wonder if people who posted suggestions forgetting OP wants side switch lights for under $35?
i would definitely recommend Smallsun ZY-T13, i have 5 but i traded 1 away :smiley:

really!? i find this really hard to believe. almost as bright as the hd2010? this light is a must buy then! i bet if compared on a light meter, itll speak the truth, but if you say with your naked eyes, are pretty comparable, then ill take that.
wish the hotspot was bigger though, because the hd2010’s is small already. i wonder if you have a low driven hd2010…

that rustu looks like a clone of the skyray s4, and it wasnt too impressive. member richie did a review on it.

and i had a feeling the small sun zy t13 would be a good choice. only reason why i was still asking for other options was because that light is more of a thrower, and i already know the woman likes more floody, because of the ones she likes from my collection.

You could be right … im definately no expert … i’ll see if i can get a picture of the two beamshots side by side for ya when i get home tonight.

that would be great if you could

Here is a review i just found

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/9884

nic3! but ill think ill have to pass. not bright enough and that battery drain is the deal breaker.
i absolutely love the ui and switch though. is this the first and only light with that style?