Nameless XM-L2 HD2010 look alike but hold's three 18650's instead anybody have one?

I appreciate the honesty of it not being good stock. My idea of a budget light is one that does what it suppose to do out of the box, with decent quality. I dont buy lights to mod, I want a proper functioning budget light for a budget light, the last thing I want to do is to have to go buy more parts and spend time making it properly function. So anyway, just remember, everybody here is not in the modding game. I do however appreciate the fact that we have that option to make them better down the road, and theres plenty of good advice on this forum to help us in that regard.

It’s a fair point but I can’t name many budget lights I’ve bought that have actually worked perfectly “out of the box”. Even if it’s just a badly centered or focused emitter, poor driver grounding, dodgy switch or something like that. I’d say 9/10 of the lights I receive need to be taken apart and “modded” is some way to get them to work the way they should.

I also started out thinking I’d avoid modding but my first experience with a HD2010 that needed some work proved that this wasn’t the way to get the most out of these lights.

You’re probably just setting yourself up for disappointment if you expect to get a perfect light from china. Even if it’s considered a reputable model and has gotten good reviews there’s always a chance you’ll get a clone or a stinker.

I try to just accept that as part of the budget game and enjoy the process of identifying the good value rough diamonds out there and expect to do the polishing myself.
And frankly the step from doing those little fixes and tweaks to real mods is not particularly big. It’s also super fun! :slight_smile:

Even the ones that work like they should can still be made better.

Thanks for the replies guy’s.

I’m glad I could help someone.

When I first got my Fandyfire HD2010 I fell in Love so I bought two more that are on there way to me now one was an extra for me the other for my dad I realy hope those two can perform out of the box like the first one did.

As for these new light’s I have one that is decently centered without any reflector peeling’s coming off and the other is all boogered up around where the LED pop’s out.

But now getting flickering of the light after a few minutes of use.

I have tried a variety of LED ring’s to make thing’s better and the best one made the hot spot realy tiny and round but after all this the Fandyfire HD2010 easily beat’s both of these light’s plus is easier to handle and more comfortable to use.

But now these are not functioning properly.

Not sure what do do about these new light’s as I can tell during transit the package was hit realy hard and made the box kind of U shaped which may have knocked all the reflector’s out of wack (as they came way off) but both have ring’s that are just to small to fit through the hole properly.

Another problem I’m having is I havn’t found a way to open the cap to the reflector….I would like to open that to possibly blow the shaving’s out of there and try to straighten the area where it’s boogered up.

I can tell both light’s are not driven hard driver wise as my HD2010 look’s like it is in overdrive compared to these light’s plus the tint on my HD2010 is bright white and the tint on the new light’s is more laid back almost green/yellow which has been my luck so far with every XM-L2 I have played with.

As of now I think I will just buy light’s with the standard XML-T6 and U2 as I have favored the tint color in all of those over any XM-L2 light I have seen yet….I think a lot of this is because the XM-L2 need’s more voltage to show it’s best and the standard driver’s that come with them do no push them hard enough to show what they can do, please correct me if I’m wrong.

So I got a winged ring then put the other ring on top got to different result’s with each light…lol

The light with the chipped up reflector got a perfect roun tiny hotspot and the other light got a larger hotspot but atleast respectable.

I am happier now but this show’s me the LED technology in my eyes has hit a point when it got to the XML-T6 that is hard to pass and I keep having this drive to get that XM-L2 that I hear such good thing’s about that supposably beat’s an XML-T6 but I havn’t found that yet.

But I can’t handle the light’s shutting on and off.

I guess time will tell.

Thankyou for the advice for helping me make these light’s atleast usable.

Still not sure about what to do with the one with reflector damage in shipment (I am guessing it happened during shipment hope it didn’t happen before shipped)……it is cosmetic but perfrom’s as it should sometimes so I don’t know maybe request a new reflector/light’s/refund? what do you guy’s think?

Oh so the reflector warp/chipping happened before you tried to adjust the focus? They may have assembled it badly and overtighened it in the factory then and I’d ask for a refund/replacement. That’s not good!

Not sure what you mean by cutting the centering ring and having it fall through the hole. I’m a bit lost as to what you are trying. The reflector rattling with the shorter centering rign is as a result of things not fitting snug anymore, that why I suggested screwing out the emitter shelf a bit to make up that gap and get the setup back to being tight with the bezel fully done up. But again be careful not to screw the shelf out too far and risk overtightening and putting too much force on reflector shelf.

Yes these lights aren’t driven particularly hard stock, I measured around 2.6A at the tailcap in stock setup. That said with the emitter in focus and producing a good tight hotspot it should still keep up with your well driven fandyfire hd2010 at range. Driven at the same level it won’t even be close. :slight_smile:

Tint has basically nothing to do with which generation led you have, an XM-L or XM-L2 of the same tint bin will produce the same colour/tint light.
I actually think XM-L2 light provides better contrast and a bit more seperation when viewing colours, even when comparing two identical cool tints. Not sure if they have measurably higher CRI but that’s the impression I have when comparing the two generally.

What you’re likely seeing is an 0A/1A tint XML in your hd2010 and if your Couruis are anything like mine it will have an emitter that’s more in the 1B/1C range. i.e slightly warmer/yellower and a bit more green. Get an XM-L2 in 1A tint and you’ll have a similar light to your fandyfire plus some more output, oh and don’t forget to send me your stock xml2 :wink:

Thankyou for your time and help on this, you are correct the color is a warmer more yellow tint.

Problem is now I just got done testing both of them thoroughly with two sets of fresh Panasonic ncr 18650b with pcb and button top and I was getting flickering and shut off’s.

This just isn’t going to work so with the cosmetic damage along with the issues I am having with them work properly I am trying to get my money back.

These light’s just aren’t the way they should be and likely do no represent what they realy are.

I appreciate everyone’s help on this but these light’s have issue’s far beyond what anyone can do for them likely because of the oversized LED rings being forced onto the LED before shipping like you said plus both light’s were cramed into a tiny box that was beat up this whole deal was not good from the start.

Thankyou everyone.

Yeah the ground path from the driver board to the body of the light is rather poor and prone to flickering on the stock light. I had the same problem and also mentioned this in my breakdown, it’s another area that needs to be addressed really.

Yeah it’s a shame, they’re hard to recommend to anyone except modders really. I hope you get a refund for the one damaged in transit, that kind of thing would really annoy me since the reflector in these lights is fantastic.

Thankyou for your time helping me on this.

One of the light’s now illuminates a realy dull blue even on high but does not shine light?, it’s like completely useless now.

These are dud’s.

Did you get the name brand version or the same nameless version like I got?

!!

Just to give you guy’s a head’s up lightmalls.com sent the light’s just like this neither came in it’s own box and they were left to survive there journey all snuggled up close just like in the picture.

Dealing with Sunny from Lightmalls right now.

Will let you all know how she handles this issue with the broken lights.

So this is how they pack a $70 package? Even eBay sellers can do better than that.

I would be rather livid if they shipped me $80 worth of lights like that. Were they at least wrapped individually with the bubble wrap, inside the box?

At least thick layers of white foam wrap (denser) and dual layer corrugated boxes. Those china bubble wraps are sometime old and half “inflated” kind. Can buyers please feedback to them.

Yes they did wrap each light individualy.

Still working on resolution with Sunny, she won’t let me down she feel’s bad for what happened.

You got lucky, they used a box on yours. My one and only order from them I got a light (and a big light, too, about same size as those) in one layer of bubble wrap, in a brown envelope.

Lightmalls too? I never got anything from them yet. I am interested in big head. Hope more stores will carry it with much competitive prices.

http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S022823

http://dx.com/p/279608

http://www.shenzhen-wholesale.com/3-Modes-CREE-L2-LED-Ultra-Brightness-Aluminum-Alloy-LED-Flashlights_sku9963.html

Lightmalls.com Is a good place to buy from I have alway’s received everything I have bought from them and there prices are very good.

If I need assistance I alway’s make sure I work with Sunny whom work’s there she is very courteous and try’s to make thing’s right.

It’s just this time the light’s got shipped I was told in a way they usualy do not ship them and I believe this is why they are messed up……the light’s were just out there in transit too long getting thrown around and stomped on in inadequate packaging (Sunny said usualy not packed that way) and they got banged out of sync).

One of the light’s that failed to work I fixed by opening the back tailcap and noticing one of the wires were not soddered on properly and half the wires were rubbing against the back of the light which is probably what was causing the light to flicker so I re-soddered the wire on correctly and it work’s fine now….so I took the big head off the light that does not work at all with the good reflector and placed it on the flashlight body the I re-soddered and it is working fine now not a bad light at all….it’s just now there is the other light with the messed up len’s that does not work at all.

I asked Sunny last night for a refund for just one light to pay for the part’s/labor to fix the light’s and she said she would make thing’s right but had to talk to her boss today about it first so we will see what happen’s.

Sunny spoke with me on chat for quite awhile last night concerned over what has happened last night and vowed to make thing’s right.

I will let you all know what get’s worked out, so far Lightmalls.com has done a fine job and I hope they continue to do so I like the fact I can count one someone there that will try to help me.

Problem is the one light that work’s has been taken from me by my wife (even though she hates flashlights….lol) she likes that the button is on top and does not have a bunch of modes to scroll through.

Once you get the ring centered on the LED it’s a good light but they come shipped with a ring that is to large and the led is not centered properly or screwed up far enough……also if you look in the picture of the LED notice the positive and negative wires there is no protection over those and there is a metal reflector over top of them with no protection either……great light but need’s adjustment’s either by the company,store or user……just letting you all know what must be done and what to look out for if you buy this light.

As it stand’s this is one of the cheapest XM-L2 light’s on the market and like other’s mentioned it’s a modder’s dream and not bad at stock for some……my wife Loves it and of all the light’s I have she grab’s that one…lol.

I will let you all know how this company’s customer service is today and what they do about the broken light, last night it seemed like they were going to go above and beyond expectation to make this right but we shall see. Later my friend’s.

Lightmalls.com seem’s to have pulled a fast one on me and unless they fix it tonight I have quite the story to tell you guy’s about them tonight but I won’t say nothing more yet because they might still fix the problem yet.

I have my chat room conversation with Sunny saved I can copy paste to show what’s up to.

I have a question for you guy’s.

Lightmalls.com shipped a package to me from an order I made out even after I requeststed a cancel/refund at the same time I was in a chat session with Sunny and Sunny Told me both the broken Flashlight would be refunded and told me the new order would be canceled/refunded then Sunny leaves chatroom right after telling me this.

Then I notice the broken flashlight was refunded but new order was shipped within minutes after she Sunny left the chat room…lol

My question to you all is what should I do at this point?, refuse order?

I am realy mad with them because Sunny and I chat for a longtime and she was more than helpful creating a new order for me and all pleasant then when conversation turn’s into “refund” she get’s all “distant” and say’s they are all refunded and leaves the chatroom and immediately ships out the new order thatI was told would be canceled/refunded immediately.

Usualy when I order from them it takes a few day’s for the order to get ready and then shipped and with the order I request cancellation they ship right away….lol

Sorry to throw all this at you, if I confused anyone this is about two separate order’s they refunded the first order with the broken light they were going to send me another light and the deal was I was to either pay shipping for new replacement light to be shipped then the deal changed to I make an order out for another product and they would ship replacement product with new product so I went that route.

I also had the option to just get refund which I should have done first.

So I made order out for this product thinking it had XM-L2 LED (I was half asleep was around 3am)—> Nitecore MT40 860 LM LED Flashlight Torch with LED CREE XM-L U2 LED for $52.00 (they gave discount)

Once I realized my mistake I asked to cancel/refund that order Sunny says that’s fine no problem that she would do that and to find something else so while I’m still online with Sunny I’m browsing there site and can’t find anything with an XM-L2 LED for close to same price.

So then I simply ask for refund for both broken flashlight and for the Nightcore……then she say’s “ok”….then she get’s distant……then say’s to “check my account” then she leaves chat room….I check account and only broken flashlight was refunded and not the Nightcore I check status today and it say’s Nitcore flashlight I was told would be cancled/refunded was shipped.

I realize I didn’t make thing’s easy for them but I am realy upset at how hard I had to work with them to get my original broken product replaced and the “deals’ they tried to make in order to get this refund (like make new order out then replacemenet will be shipped with it) then when I want full refund they get distant and disappear….

As it stands now I have a light coming to me I asked in real-time chat to be canceled/refunded and was told it was I have opened a paypal dispute over this item and did so after thing’s got fishy when only half the product (the old broken light) was refunded and Sunny mystyriously dissapear’s from chat and that’s where it stand’s at this point.

Any advice on what I should do from here on out would be greatly appreciated, should I just keep paypal dispute open?,contact bank?,refuse package?

Thankyou so much for any help not thinking to straight right now.