NANJG 105c with broken positive LED solder pad

Hi there,
I posted this on the other light forum, but it seems like theres more modders on this forum…. so here it is…. I have a NANJG 105 8x7135 that I added 4X7135 to for a triple Nichia 219 P60 project I’m working on. The problem is I had a wire soldered to the positive LED pad and it broke off, now the pad is missing from the board and I have nowhere to solder a new positive LED lead onto. I was manipulating the driver too much while trying to fit it into the custom heat sink, and that’s how it snapped off. Is there another contact point I can solder a positive LED lead to? I really don’t want to junk this driver (esp since I spent all that time soldering 4X7135s!). Thanks all.

The same thing happened to me. I have soldered the +Led wire the same way the guy did here and it seems to work. You can see it in the last picture.

The upper pin of the diode (the little black thing to the right of the MCU).

yeah, happened to me yesterday, and it works fine if you solder it where drJones mentioned…

Worked great. Thanks!!

As indicated in picture by arrows, this is a common problem I guess, the copper layer does not hold well under all the pressure from the cables. Just solder it to any battery positive trace, because that’s what is. I think.

Yesterday I broke the LED positive pad as well due to the stress given by the thick 18awg wires on it. Ended up using 22awg wire and solder it onto the upper pin of the diode and it works. I thought I was the only one having this issue, the LED posivitve pad is really too loose to come out.

The LED positive wire can be soldered to any positive trace, right? Does anyone know anywhere else I can solder my LED positive wire to except the diode place? I really need a solid place to solder my 18awg wire onto. Thanks.

The rest of the positive trace is under the mcu. If you try soldering to any place after the diode you will fry the diode.

I borrow the photo of scruffy.

Do you mean if I solder the positive wire on the pin below the diode (red arrow) the diode will be fried?

If the diode is fried does it affect the modes and normal operation of the driver at all other than losing the reverse polarity protection?

It might affect the low voltage stepdown, there is a small voltage drop thru the diode, it will askew the readings thru the resistor bridge to the MCU

Is that all? Because the diode on my Qlite is damaged already and I want to reuse the driver without it. Minor issues like no reverse polarity protection and no low voltage step-down are fine to me.

The diode is the connection to the lower pad. Without the diode or a jumper no power goes to the mcu. If you connect to the red arrow pad and all of the led current goes through the diode then the diode will fry. The upper diode pad is part of the same copper pour as led+ and connects to B+ through some vias under the mcu. You can see one of them between the mcu and the diode.