Need a 18650 light for farm guy. Pls Advise

Hey Guys,

I want to buy a flashlight for my farm-keeper, requirement is -

essential req: 18650 (or 2*18650 light),

Water & Dust Proof

Good Bright Emitter - may be T6 or U2 / 3*R2 something like that

Inbuild Charger so that dont need to buy a seperate charger.

Can you guys suggest me options available??

regards

roll

How long does it need to run for? If it is a whole night you're going to need a big light.

Does it have to light up inside large barns or at long ranges?

I would suspect that maybe a multi-mode zooming 18650 light might be a good choice.

I want to buy a flashlight for my farm-keeper, requirement is -

essential req: 18650 (or 2*18650 light), CHECK!

Water & Dust Proof CHECK!

Good Bright Emitter - may be T6 or U2 / 3*R2 something like that FAIL! single R5 not very bright but not far either.

Inbuild Charger so that dont need to buy a seperate charger. CHECK!

Can you guys suggest me options available??

XTAR A01

Got it all cept the emitter. :/

Not specific for runtime, but definitely not contanst run whole night. its for when needed basis. 18650 have good runtimes. The usage is for a farm land which is open, late it would be converted into greenhouses.I am not sure i need a flood or throw but i guess a bit of mix like T6 is the right one.

Whats the price of this? …

Yes may be… But emiter has to be XML. well may be you are right… zooming are good. but are there any in latest emiter?

Ok .. let me think again,when ever we think about so muchin flashlight we have to compromise. .. so let me think what is essential first that needed. hmm I was hoping that the light has inbuilt charger so that i dont need to give him another chrager. light that i need is.. has to be like from SML bcozs .. the primary area is like 130 feet by 500 feet. So what do i give him that might have inuilt charger with XML ..with maybe bigger batter than 18650 as long as its inbuilt. If I cant find an inbuild in XML then i guess, i need something else, May be Multi AA in XML.. ? is it possible i mean its made as yet?

Regards

The price of an XTAR A01 is not really budget. Quality wise is also way above budget. Probably at least high-end budget if you will. But you get a very rock solid flashlight with very decent built-in charger (XTAR MP1 based).

http://www.szwholesale.com/xtar-rechargeable-cree-flashlight-p-3803.html?osCsid=0c163f36b78ef968112c07d49a332cdc

Don't know how much they charge for shipping. You need just a 18650 or 18700 battery or two and have the whole package. You might have a us (presumed you're from the US) dealer but i don't know any.

Make sure that an R5 is enough for your needs. I believe it might be enough. At such price it is advised to investigate a bit in my opinion.

Depending on what you want to spend, check out the Shiningbeam S-Mini with the neutral tint. Not the brightest (XPG), but plenty bright with good regulation. Also, good support from a guy/company that stands behind their product. I've been on the fence for a while on one for my first 18650 light.

If you want to light up something on the other side of the property, you probably want something that can throw well - I'd look at the MRV

http://www.manafont.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=MRV&log=&x=0&y=0

There are single, 3 and 5-mode versions of this. On low, it'll run for 35 hours but isn't very bright. It throws very well and produces a remarkable amount of spill as well.

There are plenty of lights with more output.

Those don't have an inbuilt charger though. Very few budget(ish) lights do. The Xtar is just about the only one I can think of.

Personally I'd probably go for two MRVs and holsters - that should see them through the night - when the battery goes on one, they have another.

Or two Ultrafire C303s - a much smaller light with more output than the MRV but less throw.

There are beamshots of these and more at 13o feet here.

http://budgetlightforum.cz.cc/node/1539

I really wouldn't recommend a budget light with an in built charger.

While it's very unlikely there would be a problem, if there was...it would be a little pipe bomb.

It really is unlikely to happen though.

The Xtar A01 or R01 has the good charger w/ XP-G and XML respectively. The former for spotlight with small hotspot, the latter for more flood. Just to be sure, get 1 of their 2600 batteries with it. Contact Miles @ service04@xtarlight.com for probably the best deal on this (factory direct).

ITP also makes a rechargeable 18650 light for ~$45. http://cgi.ebay.com/iTP-R01-USB-Cree-Q5-Rechargeable-18650-LED-Flashlight-/390300000967

Also a good brand (better known than Xtar). Only a xp-e, though, but it charges off a standard mini-usb cable.

--

Hey, who edited their post and sent this months old thread to the top again?

Here is a package deal on a decent looking 26650 light (for long runtimes) that comes with a charger and a battery. My only beef with that is, 26650s have only slightly higher capacity than the newest 18650s.

However, if I were to rely on a flashlight for long periods of time, I would get something like this. Sure, you will have to purchase the batteries and charger separately but with that many 18650s in parallel, you shouldn't be running out of light for a long time. Even on high.

Dear ,i guess i can do you a favor. A few days ago,i got one at priceangels .Solid reliability, digitally regulated brightness, compact size,Using advanced technology, this 3-Mode flashlight produces amazingly bright light,This flashlight can be owned for household using also can be purchased as gift for those who love outdoor sports like hiking, climbing and fishing, etc.If you have any interests ,pls check it out here for more detailed information.

That desperate way is never appreciate here as far as i seen :bigsmile: