Need Advice on a Light for Home and Yard Protection.....

I just want to add a few comments. I agree on the Defiant too. Its a HUGE light. Does a great Job for the price. Another cool & simple head knocker is the Mag Lite D LED. Decent output, with head knocker capabilities. And if you google around, you can find you a new bezel with the Crenulated edges that screws on to the front of your 2 D Mags replacing the part on the front that reads MAGLITE PROFESSIONAL. Makes it a solid head busting platform for great defense of ones person or property. One of the members here sells them or you can make your own!

Old thread, but gives you a idea.

That looks like an interesting one to keep in the car. Is there a name or review of this light somewhere?

KuoH

My best advice for beginners : Don’t buy very cheap “ultrafire” items ! Its low quality and unreliable, you will lost more money with less results than buying high quality brand names for a few dollars more. A excellent brand with the best price/quality ratio is Convoy and I think their L4 model is the best because you have easy access to blinding strobe by double-clicking the side switch.

Same thing for batteries, avoid at all cost **fire and only buy from good brand like Panasonic. I recommend protected batteries for extra security.

You also need a high quality reliable charger like : Nitecore I2

Anyway you will get hooked for more when you will see how its CRAZY more powerful than old lights. J)

A fellow BLFer HJK has done extensive tests on batteries, chargers, etc. You can find his reviews here.