Need advice on purchasing wearable waterproof light

For the second time in two weeks, lights went out while I was taking a shower.

I need to purchase a wearable waterproof light. It would be great if it used a rechargeable battery.
I don’t plan on going swimming or diving with it, just waterproof enough so I can wear it while taking a shower.

Please share your advice and experience. Links would be great.

Many Thanks

I would recommend any of the Convoy line, they have excellent build quality and are waterproof in my experience. A good place to start might be the s2:

my first light that I can think of is the olight I3s, it can run on any chemistry battery you can put in there, has a pretty good lanyard attachment point, and tail stands.

I can vouch for its waterproofness: when in Costa Rica, I wanted to see something under water, so I took a roll of plumbers tape from the boat’s toolbox, wrapped it around the o-ring (thicker, more pressure on the o-ring, better watertightness was my thinking). I dived to at least 20 feet at some point, so it worked. A shower should be a walk in the park.

I think any number of cheap LED ‘stick up’ lights on the ceiling or back wall out of the shower spray would work OK, depending on your shower setup.
You actually want to wear a light while showering? Sounds awkward.

For fun, something like this?

E01

Legolas Jr.,
I do have a Convoy S2 on the way. I didn’t realize it would be waterproof.

musicmagic,
olight I3s looks good. Thanks.
Small enough to wear around my neck. I’ll check some listings.

flydiver
My volunteer work takes me out of town. So its not my shower. Often time its a new location not adequately equipped. Past couple of weeks lights went out twice in two different locations. I almost broke my toe. I felt dumb being caught in the dark with half a dozen lights in another room in my backpack.

Everyone thanks for the recommendations please keep them coming.

A couple members have mentioned showering with their EDC flashlight still around their neck. :bigsmile:
For some it can be hard to be apart from “the precious”. We don’t judge at BLF. :smiley:

Point it up to the ceiling (if white)

I believe it when you guys say the convoy is waterproof, but my initial knee jerk reaction is that because it has a switch, therefore a switch boot, therefore yet another entry point for water, I personally wouldn’t trust it, but it is cheap enough that if I had one, I would test it.

I am curious as to the results if you decide to test it.

I don't know how big your bathroom is but I keep a relatively cheap light pointing at the ceiling in my bathroom.

Doesn't have to be very waterproof as the counter is right next to my shower and my shower only has clear walls.
I just tailstand it on there if I ever need to go wee wee in the middle on the night and don't want to blind myself.

The light I have in there is the BLF Trustfire A8 with moonlight low. :)

Does the light have to be really small? I recently tested an Archon 1x18650 zooming diving light that according to a diver is not handy for diving. Supposed to survive 60 meters, so it will deal with showers just fine :-) . Did I remember well that you are based in Europe? I'd be happy to send it if you're interested.

Sky Ray King. Place it on the edge of the shower on a flat surface and turn it on. You could probably place it outside on the floor or on the sink and still get enough light.

$30

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-SKYRAY-King-Hi-Power-3x-CREE-XML-XM-L-T6-LED-Flashlight-Torch-Lamp-B0199-/261360198629?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item3cda4823e5

Tank 007 E09 Fits the bill, small lightweight for wearing and mine has had a lot of abuse including falling into a 3ft deep cold water tank with no water ingress.

Check out the yellow yupards
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/938524

They have some waterproof lights for cheap

I have a couple of those. I am a diver and they are fully waterproof.
Quality can be spotty and for diving. The O-rings and grooves need careful inspection to make sure it’ll work, but for a shower it would be no problem. Pretty tough too, and hard to lose with that color.
No experience with the headlight but it’d probably be fine for that application.

Ramblings,
I need to use this light when I am away from home. I end up in places with very spotty electric service and cramped, ill equipped bathrooms and showers.

djozz,
I like your idea of dive lights. Thank you for your kind offer, but I am in the States (California) so shipping would be prohibitive. I do appreciate your kindness.

mhanlen,
I have been wanting a SRK for a while. I think it’s time I got one. Thanks for the link. It’ll be useful when I need to tail-stand a light. But I still need a smaller light to wear.

xmint;
I am not familiar with Tank lights. Sounds perfect. I’ll look into it. Small, sturdy and lightweight would be a very useful combo.

Werner,
Thank you for the great link. This store has a lot of light formats I am looking for. I have a feeling I am going to buy a few items. The yellow lights seem great.

flydiver,
Thank you for confirming the waterproof light. Now I can buy in confidence.

Thank you all for your great advice and insight. Seems like I get to solve multiple problems.

Please continue to contribute with your ideas.

On the floor or sink?
You could probably place it outside the bathroom and still get enough light shining under door. :bigsmile:

There are a few reviews on BLF here is a couple of links

By Chloe https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/22330

By old4570 https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/8032

There are others as well.