Need HELP Finding Best Headlamp Under $25

If you don`t afraid three letters “PWM” and not going to use it in very tight places, this one is not as bad as cheap:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-New-Style-Waterproof-Practical-3-Modes-Pen-Clip-Magnet-Torch-Flashlight-Outdoor-Lighting-Tool-Good/32526703391.html
Upd. Your requirments 1-5 can make it so bad that LatticeBright LED will not be a problem at all.

Most headlamps will use a battery compartment either in the light or at least on the head strap and to add in a zoomie will be a pain the only zoomies i have seen are cheapo headlamps… They will defiantly be lattice bright LED’s and will be under powered. You may be able to get a solarstorm for around that price but i wouldn’t trust the battery pack. Plus it wouldn’t be a zoomie. I am about to do a review on the solarstorm X6 mine didn’t come with a head strap but i am using it as a shed light its got 4 XML2s not really bright thought.

You can find these with head straps but i don’t know about carrying the battery pack. even if its a 1000 lumen its still good for the money they can be had cheap but the LED is the worse tint and solarstorm electronic switches don’t last i had mine break on the SC03 I use to EDC that. The one on my T4 is going to break soon and the new X6 is frigidity.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/SolarStorm-X2-5000-Lumen-Bike-Light-2x-CREE-XML-U2-LED-Cycling-Lamp-Waterproof-bicycle-Headlamp/32657741340.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.2.hTMzuV&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_7,searchweb201602_1_10057_10056_10055_10049_10059_10058_10017_106_105_104_10060_103_10061_102_10062_10063_412,searchweb201603_6&btsid=b5bda8ac-46e3-454e-b96c-8b065430fd46

I am looking for a headlamp as well for about the same price and I like the idea that everydaysurvival has but for that price Its probably a Lattice bright. Has anybody dealt with these and are they easy to swap emitters?

What you are going to use the head lamp for makes a big difference in what you might want to get. I used to get cheap headlamps and was never happy with them.

My one major requirement for a headlamp for outdoor activities (read hunting) is that it ,it’s have a lockout to prevent it being accidently turned on in the back pack. I can’t tell you how many times I have pulled my headlamp out f my pack to find it on or dead.

FWIW:

I use the Nitecore HC 90 for outdoor activities. It has R/G/B LEDs to use when I want to preserve my night vision, read maps, and navigate in the dark. It also has an infinitely adjustable white light that will put out up to 900 lumens of bright white light. The USB recharging port allows me to recharge the batty in the truck or field if I need to.

http://flashlight.nitecore.com/product/hc90

I use the Fenix HL around the house . It weighs little so it is very comfortable, easily adjustable, and provides plenty of light for what I am working on.

http://www.fenix-store.com/fenix-hl50-led-headlamp/

Bob

ETA:

Make sure that you check the group buys. You can save some money if you aren’t in a hurry.

The jetbeam hc20 seems decent: JETBeam HC20 1 x 18650 CREE XM-L2 800 Lumen LED Headlamp

Cheap price too.

Crelant ch10

In the description of Skilhunt H02 says:

Bead surface lens ,wide and uniform flood beamshot

What’s the bead surface lens?

And then:
Main Lamp Beads: Cree XM-L2

Beads refers to emitter?

Picture of the lens looks “granulated”. Is throw possible with such lens?

I don’t see why anyone would need throw on a headlamp? It uses an TIR optic, which is better in diffusing the beam, making it more usable on close range.

Li-ion and a 1000 lumen emitter on my head? Er, no thank you.

IIRC, Fenix has a 4xAA dual LED headlamp that might be bright enough but certainly won’t be within budget.

By my “throw” I meant there does not seem to be any light output as Total Internal Reflection (TIR) suggests only Internal reflection, seeming no output. Just play on words.

Does “beads” refers to TIR lens?

I really like my Jetbeam HC20.

Does anyone know of a decent type headlamp that can be purchased with a BELT mounted battery pack ?

The battery pack can use 18650 and CR123/16340 cells—-The reason for the belt attached battery pack is

because the user , does NOT like Li-ion battery packs mounted on head. The thought is , that the Li-ions

can/maybe be somewhat like IED’s—Improvised Explosive Devices. Whatever price headlamp with a belt

mounted battery pack & 2-3 foot cord from the headlamp to battery pack you suggest , will be considered.

The battery pack should hold at least x2 or x4 batteries for long operation capability.

Hi. Would modifying a standard headlamp be out of the question? (I haven’t done it but it is possible.) If you can access the +ve end of the circuit board (inside the light) then you can potentially solder on an ‘extension chord’ to the hedlamp and use an external battery such as THIS This particular battery holder is 8.4V output I believe, so the headlamp has to be compatible or you modify the holder. You can use speaker wire from headlamp to pack.

eeb , This idea looks interesting. Can this 18650 battery pack operate with using only x2 batteries or MUST the x4 batts be used ?

Either way I’ll pass your suggestion on to the person that’s in want of a headlamp with a belt mounted , long cord battery pack.

He’s the one that’s gonna have to modify the cord and/or batt pack.

Anyone else have some more suggestions.——It must be some head strap mounted headlamps that are already made with

a belt mounted battery pack and long cord for sale somewhere !

Princeton Tec Extreme has a belt mount pack but uses AA cells and is $$.

Another option is to buy a Chinese bike light with headlamp mount but, this isn’t the route I’d go because, cells are usually shit and the light may have ‘floating stars’. More expensive bike light/headlamp combos might be better.

This review of the battery box says that 2 cells can be used.

There seems to be a few headlamp options out there (maybe not too cheap) with rear mounted battery packs. Again, speaker wire ‘extension cords’ can be added to these lights so the pack can be put in a waist pouch/pack/ pocket etc.

+1 Skilhunt H02/H02R
$27 at gearbest this is simply the best choice…

For $33 you can also get the Xtar H3 warboy, another excellent headlamp and this one has active temperature regulation compared to the Skilhunt.

For belt mounted pack… why not just carry spare cells?

Those Princeton Tec lights have crazy prices—$$ Too High !

Most of the bike lights , probably crap like you say.

Speaker wire mod looks ok.

The user doesn’t like Li-ion cells mounted near/on his head. These two lights you’re suggesting are good , but both have cells that are head mounted !

Belt mounted pack—spare cells are ok . Just a thought , while maybe working in a tight , dark space have a 2nd charged cell pack for ease of changing .

Just unplug the low volt pack from the headlamp and plug in the fresh one.—-(Both charged packs could be attached to belt or the 2nd spare pack nearby.)

*Does anyone else know of any headlamps that are factory produced with belt mounted cell packs ?

bump on an old thread…

4 years later what are everyone’s thoughts about the best 18650 headlamp $25 or less? Saw this on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Lumintrail-Flashlight-Features-including-Rechargeable/dp/B01IWOJ92K/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=Lumintrail+LTH-20&qid=1594943127&sr=8-2

Thoughts?

The D10 I guess. UI could be better but for the price it’s good enough.

Edit: Sofirn SP40 is good too. They have amazon US codes here