Need help finding SK68

A few months ago i bought a single cell AA flash light that i thought was a non-zooming SK68. I use this as my EDC at work and i Love it!! It’s the same length as my SK68’s but because it is non-zooming the head is smaller and more comfortable to carry in my pants pockets.
I would like to buy a back up for myself and several more for my co-workers but now i can’t seem to find any.
Can anyone help me find this light??

Can you post a picture of it?

-Garry

Do you have a picture of the light?

Snap! :bigsmile:

The light is at work now and I’m off for two days so it may be a while before I can.

Ok, I can't say I've ever seen one that doesn't zoom but looks nearly identical. I just tried searching around, but I don't know how to phrase it to find ones that don't zoom. It's probably a generic name anyway like "Cree 300Lm" making a search difficult.

No way to search your order history to find out where you got it or what they called it?

-Garry

No way to search your order history to find out where you got it or what they called it?

Good call, I didn’t think i bought it from DX but i just looked and sure enough there it was…Thanks

http://dx.com/p/uniquefire-g10-cree-xp-e-r5-1-mode-350-lumen-white-led-flashlight-with-strap-1-14500-1-aa-55244

I would be interested in knowing if anyone has something similar (maybe a tad shorter) that is good or better for the money

Thanks
Lee

$13.49! No way after paying $2.50 for my last sk68 clone.

Good or better for the money is hard to quantify without knowing your expectations and how this light performs. For example I’d likely spend more on a light myself, but if it worked as expected then I’d consider it good value.

Also what are you wanting from the light, in terms of performance, use and runtime?

What sort of batteries do you want to use?

Shorter lights would be CR123a/RCR or AAA, although you may find some slightly more compact AA ones.

I use a Trustfire F20 which has a deep pocket carry clip. Dimensions are smaller than your G10. It's an XR-E stock, but it makes a nice mod with an XM-L emitter swap (also see this thread). See photos with dimensions as DX, but if your order, get it from Tmart where it ships from their US Warehouse and has proved to have the "good" 14500 compatible driver. I've not done my mod yet (I botched my first attempt). It's ok even with the stock XR-E even on just a AA alkaline. Note you can also run a LifePO4 (3.0 / 3.2V cell) for higher output than AA, but safer than Li-Ion if you want.

The build quality is nice, although the clip is a bit flimsy (holding up as my EDC though). The 3 modes are nicely spaced and the memory sets in very quickly.

-Garry

If it doesn’t zoom, what are the lens and beam like? It’s hard to know what to recommend.

The only way I can describe the beam is to take a SK68 and zoom it so you can see the shape of the emitter then zoom it back just enough so that the beam is round and not keystone shaped. The beam seams stronger than the 68 as well. The other nice thing about the G10 is how durable it has been so far. I’m a welder and it takes a beating 6 days a week.

A very similar light that has a nicer design (IMO: less spikey, so better for your pocket) is the ultrafire k10 (for sale at fasttech and dx). It is the xpg version of the uniquefire s10.

I like everything about it except the 6 modes. For work I like 1 - 3 modes

It looks like the lens is aspheric. Is your lens glass or plastic?

FastTech have the UniqueFire G10 a little cheaper than DX:
http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10000967/1080200-uniquefire-g10-cree-xp-e-r5-1-mode-350-lumen-white