Need help purchasing right emitter..

My Lt., another officer and myself each bought one of these lights off Ebay a while back one night when we were bored (before I’d ever heard of BLF). Yes, they turned out to be cheap, over-priced little lights but they kind of got the flashlight ball rolling so to speak. actually I have to admit they are sturdy little aspherical flood to throw lights that toss a beam further than my UF C8 Anyway, my Lt. wants to put a new emitter in his and even though ive spent the last 3 nights reading up up on BINs, emitters, xl-m, xr-e, drop-ins etc… I have no idea what its all about. Important Part—-> Could someone tell me or even give me a link to the most powerful emitter he can solder in, in place of the old one. He’s already got it out and its just 2 wires to connect. Any help would be appreciated. I can just forward him the link and he can go from there. Thanks, I figured this would be an easy one for someome out there!! Link to our lights:
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=200933517543&index=1&nav=SEARCH&nid=11709729071

this is probably a good place to start

general rule of thumb - the bigger the emitter the bigger the spot/ floodier the light. XR-E (probably what you have) is the smallest, XM-L2 the biggest that would fit your light.

I’d personally go for a nice neutral white XP-G2 for a light like that. You’ll still get good throw when zoomed out, but you’ll have some spill too and a lovely tint. Get the highest bin you can find for that tint. Illumination Supply and Intl.Outdoor are good places to try. I personally prefer Illumination Supply - Craig’s awesome and delivery is very fast with reasonable prices.

Great, thank you!

The board the LED is mounted on, you'll need to match that size with the new one to make it easier. Common sizes are 16mm and 20mm, both available with LEDs already mounted at IlluminationSupply.

Kaidomain an alright place to buy from?

Have to check out illuminationsupply

mmyeahna, ish. Given that IS’s prices and postage are pretty reasonable, you get what you ordered (instead of the Chinese lottery) and it arrives in a few days instead of a few weeks, I think IS would be a better choice :slight_smile: