Need recommendation for my first general purpose 18650 flashlight (Zanflare F1, Eagle Eye X6R, Convoy C8)

I might have to just order one without the code before everyone starts buying them up and I am stuck on a waiting list or something. LOL

Same price from Skilhunt direct or Gearbest. Anyone know which one would be quicker?

It shipped today. I ordered the 3500 .Thanks for your input. I am looking forward to it’s arrival. Always good to have one in the pipe. :smiley:

Good to know. The button hold down is ok with me as long as it is the same all the time. The Sofirn Sp10B annoys me with short press to turn off if turbo is accessed directly but long press to turn off otherwise. If I get it wrong, I have found the moon light on in my pocket.

“rhymeguy” I do need to warn you. If you are just getting into the LED Flashlights deeper than those $3.00 ones at Quickstops, Your life will never be the same, it will be much brighter and fun. The people here at BLF are down to earth, Honest, helpful, and willing to give you things they have for free. Hope you enjoy this new World :beer: And Welcome to BLF :smiley:

The magnetic connector will be way easier to use, I despise micro USB that you can only be inserted one way. Type-C would be better but currently I’d have no where to plug in the other end! (unless those only have Type-C on the flashlight end and regular USB on the other end??)

The only drawback I can see with the magnetic proprietary cable is you would need to keep that cable with you because you can’t just use any cable that you already use for your phone or other lights. It would have been way better if they made it through the magnetic base and offered an optional docking station like Olight.

I’d like to know how much Skilhunt charges for an extra cable, that would help to have two.

Done: Skilhunt M200 (new release) magnetic USB pocket light

Yes, I tested the OTR U18 (3500K color temp) version. The flashlight finally turns off. It does take a quite low voltage before it turned off (I wasn’t able to measure it, but to do this test, I used an old high-resistance 18650 with little capacity, when I did the test if it will shut down at low voltage.)

Great news, thanks d_t_a !

I’m assuming U16 will have the same.

Quality: ThruNite TN12 EDC
Cheap: Outlite A100
If you are looking for the best 18650 flashlight then you can check this article https://tacticalflashlightguide.com/best-18650-flashlight-from-top-brands/. Some top brands 18650 flashlights available there.

I don’t know what happened to Rhymeguy who started this post…
Maybe his wife locked him up before he bought too many flashlights…

My wife did that to me, but thankfully I tunneled out using my flashlight…. :smiling_imp:

Rhymeguy where did he go?
How would anyone really ever know?
We can only speculate that he got a C8…
If he got the Eagle Eye would he reply?
With a Zanflare he could be almost anywhere!

With all these recommendations there could have been ramifications, in my observations these presentations caused high expectations, or hallucinations from too many variations? Did he buy them all and he’s busy doing modifications?

If that’s the case he may need medication to treat excessive illumination. :stuck_out_tongue:

With a $30 budget, he couldn’t have gone too wild. :slight_smile:

He is probably duct taping maglites together until he can get the beam to make it across the street. That or took out a second mortgage on a 200 lumen SureStreamFireLite. :smiley:

Yes but…
Maybe he just won the lottery, and now he’s caught up in flashlight snobbery! Was his budget due to living in poverty? Or the higher prices seemed like highway robbery?

@beam0, got the light for 21$!

It certainly looks awesome! And for once, the warm white version is less expensive than the cool white one!

With a magnet, a lanyard,a pouch, USB charging, a buck driver, an included cell, great UI, and possibly, LH351D 4000k 90CRI goodness, it looks to be my EDC. Absolutely awesome, especially for 21$.

made a video of the OTR U18 shutting down due to low voltage (this is a high-resistance old 18650, so the voltage shoots up quickly to 3.18v upon removing of the battery from the flashlight; actual voltage while in the flashlight is likely lower to trigger the low-voltage shut-off):

Wow that is a good deal, how did you get that price, is there a code for it somewhere or was that after using gearbest points?

I first registered as a new user, then applied this coupon:
10$-3GBJun

It should work and lower the price to 21$.

sorry got confused, which flashlight is that referring to?

On the Road U18 on Gearbest.