Need recommendation for my first general purpose 18650 flashlight (Zanflare F1, Eagle Eye X6R, Convoy C8)

sorry got confused, which flashlight is that referring to?

On the Road U18 on Gearbest.

Thanks, at first I thought is was a $10 off coupon, now I see 10$ is just part of the code.

Gearbest has several different listings for it, not sure which ones include a battery or are the 2018 version with Type-C USB.

Here’s a link showing all the Gearbest U18 listings:

https://www.gearbest.com/ON-THE-ROAD-U18-\_gear/

Personally, I couldn’t register as a new user as I’ve been a Gearbest customer for many years.

Thanks for posting the video, great to see the LVP works as it should.

@beam0, I ordered the one you originally linked in the 1st post you mentioned the U18, which includes a 2600mAh cell and a micro-USB charging port.

Ok, wow I didn’t realize that one included a battery!

The specs for U18 state:

If that’s true, what were they thinking here??? :person_facepalming:

I highly recommend KDLitker as did toddcshoe.
I have several. If you want a floody light, go with the C8.2 XHP50 light. If you want a very nice throwing light, go with the C8.2 XHP35.
A liitokala charger is around $4 from gearbest with a coupon from Fin.
The zanflare F1 is a good choice in a smaller EDC size.
Lastly, a little over your budget at $51 with a coupon code is the Skilhunt S3pro but has on-board charging. It’s a dual switch very nice light that’s very bright! I have several and satisfied does not do justice to my opinion of this light:

I don’t think FIN will mind me sharing his code as it’s posted public: SSKHT

Umm so guys sorry for not replying, actually I became father on date of starting this thread and was little busy since :slight_smile: Honestly I didn’t think of any flash lights till now.
I want to say BIG THANKS for everyone here, I think this is one of the friendliest forum around!

I ended my pursuit with the following:

- LiitoKala Lii - 202

- Samsung 30Q, x2

• Zanflare F1, on flash sale on GB right now

On my next shopping I’m thinking of C8F, but I’m concerned about its runtime at 400-500lm.

To user @toddcshoe: thanks a lot for offer, very generous from you, but I’m not taking free stuffs from anyone :slight_smile: If I cannot buy them with money that I earned… well then they are not for me.

Congratulations!

rhymeguy: That is Fantastic!

Congratulations on the baby (and the flashlight)
Both will bring a lot of light into your life.

Where did you get that runtime chart for the Sofirn C8F? What battery was used?

The chart says it was using the included (Sofirn) cell. The chart probably came from this review:

Just want to post good deal (at least I think so) for LiitoKala 18650 batteries: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-New-Original-HG2-18650-3000mAh-battery-18650HG2-3-6V-discharge-20A-dedicated-For-LG-Electronic/32816869601.html